Uncle Aaron!

~Maria's POV~

"Mom! Dad! Maria and I are back!" Miles calls out loudly as we walk in his house but the only reply we get back is silence. I pull out my phone and check the time to see it's already 6:45 meaning that dinner at my house has already started. "Don't bother they're not here, dinner at my house started 18 minutes ago" I tell my cousin as I take off my wool jacket and throw it on the coat hanger by the door. "Dude I'm tired" I groan as I flop down on the couch that's about 4 feet away from the door. "I am too" Miles says sounding tired as well, "come on" Miles groans as he motions for me to stand up but I refuse to and instead curl up on the couch. "Leave me here to rot" I mumble as I press my face into a pillow on the couch.

"No, Mom will yell at me if she comes in and sees you sleeping on the couch again" Miles tells me and before I know what's happening he's already picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "You butt" I groan as I lay limp over his shoulder, "whatever" he sighs as he climbs the stairs that lead to the second floor. Once we reach his room he opens the door and carelessly throws me on his bed. "Was that really necessary?" I ask him annoyed as my body bounces on the bed due to bed thrown to hard. "Shut it, I'm taking a nap" Miles tells me sounding just as annoyed as he grabs his pillow from the bed and lays down on the floor in front of his bed. I look at him for a few moments before curling up on his bed and decide to take a nap as well. Before I do though I set an alarm on my phone to go off two hours from now so we can head over to Uncle Aaron's place.

"Night Spider boy" I say lowly, my voice already being affected from how tired I feel. "Night Ria" he mutters and we both fall asleep quickly.

------

BING BING BING BING! "Ah!" I shout in alarm as I jump up from my laying position and look around. "Que demonios es ese ruido (What the hell is that noise)?!" Miles snaps in Spanish, sounding both upset and annoyed. It's a habit we both have, when we're upset or angry we tend to unconsciously speak in Spanish instead of English, how we developed this habit? I have no idea, we just did. I look down next to me to see the alarm I set going off full blast. "Calm down angry butt it's just my alarm" I tell Miles and turn off the annoying thing. "Why did you set that thing again?" He groans tiredly as he slowly sits up on the floor. "Uncle Aaron remember?" I mutter tiredly as I rub my eyes. "Oh yeah" he says and stands up to stretch his body some. "It's about time we leave, if we don't ask now we might get denied permission" Miles tells me after he finishes stretching his body. "Right" I yawn out and climb out of his bed before we both make our way downstairs, searching for the closest adult.

Lucky for us we spot my aunt-in-law watching a drama series in the living room. "Hey Mom, can Maria and I go over to Uncle Aaron's?" Miles asks his mother as we approach her slowly. "Sure cariño(sweetie) just be back before 11pm, Maria I'll text your father to tell him where you're going" Auntie Rio says and Miles and I fist bump. If you're going to ask any of our parents to go anywhere ether ask my dad or Miles' mom cause there's a 89% chance they'll say yes. "Thanks Auntie Rio, we're going now" I call out to my biological aunt as Miles and I throw on our jackets. "Before you go remember to stick close together, hold hands when you're out in the dark in case you two need to run or someone tries to grab ether of you. Don't forget to stay near the street lights and absolutely avoid dark paths and never go near allies whether they have light in them or not!" Auntie Rio tells us. "We know Mom!" Miles says as he stands by the door, waiting for his mom to stop talking.

"And I don't care what the reason is, if you two feel something is off run to the nearest police station and ask them to drop you off! You're fathers have good connections with each police station in town so they'll make sure you get to your uncle's safely" Auntie Rio adds, her voice turning stern like she's warning us to take her serious or else. Both my dad and Uncle Jefferson are high ranking police chiefs around town and are well known throughout the city's policemen. "Alright Auntie Rio we got it" I tell her and start to walk out the door but before I can even take a step into the outside world my aunt says something else. "One more thing!" She calls out causing Miles and I to groan softly, "if you run into danger and you can't get away by running then use your quirks to defend yourselves, your fathers can handle the mess if ether of you get caught" Auntie Rio tells us, her voice grim sounding beyond serious.