Let The Games Begin!

~Maria's POV~

It's been three weeks since Mr. Aizawa told us about the sports festival and ever since that day our Heroics class has been spent as personal/individual training. During our training periods during Heroics class I trained in different ways with my friends, slowly improving my abilities along side my friends and classmates. I improved my speed some by racing with Iida, improved my durability, combat and strength by having fighting matches with Ejirou, I got better at using my webs by training with Sero since his tapes are similar to my webs. As for my agility and danger intuition I trained with Tokoyami a few times, I blind folded myself and had Dark Shadow attack me. I had to solely rely on my Spider Senses, reflexes and agility to avoid his quick and precise attacks.

As for Dark Shadow he got better at attacking quick moving targets. As for the rest of my abilities I trained them on my own time. Within these three weeks it unquestionable that I've gotten a closer with most of my classmates since I would offer to train with them if our abilities some how matched up and if they didn't then I would help them in any way I can whether it be combat training, target hitting practice or anything else. Well, I did stray away from Mineta during this week. I don't really like him because I quickly discovered he's a little pervert with no restraint so whatever. A few times I had to web him down in Heroics class cause he tried to get a little too  touchy with me. But can you really blame me? When a small horny teenage boy tries to group my butt and feel up my legs during training I think I have a slightest right to web him to the ground.

Within these three weeks I've grown surprisingly close to Denki and Ejirou and now we're something like best friends, all of us. We've also been hanging with Sero and Mina a lot along with bothering Bakugou none stop. Although when I'm not hanging with those guys I'm always seen with Izuku, Ochako and Iida. We've all grown close as well, if Denki and Ejirou are my male best friends then Ochako is basically my female best friend. We've surprisingly got a lot of things in common as well. I've also gotten closer to Izuku and I've started to notice how sometimes he would make my heart skip a beat or make my stomach flutter when I'm around him. It's weird how cute I find him, if I didn't know any better I'd say he's actually attractive. Oh who am I kidding? He is attractive despite his really plain appearance. But I wouldn't say I like, like him. Just like him. 

Currently everyone in class 1-A is hanging around in our assigned waiting room and mentally prepare for the events ahead of us. "Aw man! I was totally hoping to wear my costume!" Mina whines as she looks down at her gym uniform. "Well at least everyone will be in uniform, that'll keep things fair won't they?" Ojirou says as he stretches his arms across his chest. "Yeah just think about it Mina, some of our costumes give us aid and advantages while other's costumes are just for show. It wouldn't really be fair if we all stood on unequal grounds" I tell my pink themed friend. "Yeah you're right" Mina sighs out and I turn back to Denki and Ejirou who are sitting on ether side of me at a table. "Ehe, I'm kind of nervous" Denki says and lets out a dry laugh of nerves. We're talking with each other trying to distract ourselves from our nervousness and so far it's working, at least for me.

"Don't be man! We got this, we trained hard for a week and it's going to show!" Ejirou encourages his friend with a confident smile and I nod my head in agreement. "Yeah Denki, we got this! Just think, after this is all over we'll be famous just like you wanted!" I encourage the nervous blond as I place my hand on his shoulder. "Everyone! Get your game faces on! We're entering the arena soon!" Iida shouts as he opens the door to our waiting room open. Everybody starts to get more skittish hearing this but some of us remain calm and just try to breath despite our nerves. "You nervous Izuku?" I ask my green haired friend who stands near the table I'm at. "Yeah, is it obvious?" He asks me sounding a little embarrassed. "Don't worry, we all are!" I tell him but before he can say something Todoroki walks over and interrupts our conversation.