Results

~Maria's POV~

Although it never bothered me what they said that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. Every word the spoke to me felt like it was carved into my skin with a knife every time they would viciously bully me. I never held it against them since they were petty kids just being idiots but I was still angry. I felt so many horrible emotions when they called me unspeakable, hurtful words and a few times I actually grew depressed about it. But luckily I had my aunt, uncles, parents and Miles to help me. It was the same for Miles, if anything he got it worse cause our cousins would beat us up with their quirks but Miles would always shield me from their attacks, getting the most injuries in the end. My cruel cousins gave me emotional and mental damage while they gave Miles physical damage. Miles always had this happy and optimistic personality when we were kids so he never let their words get to him but I was an entirely different story.

I wasn't as strong as Miles when it came to mental and emotional bullying, and my cousins took advantage of that. After so many years I finally learned to ignore what they said thanks to my close family's help. I started to take after Mile's personality and began to look at the happier things in life. After a while my cousin's words stopped bothering me and I just ignored them, when they saw that I wasn't bothered by them anymore they ultimately left me along except for the few snide comments and the stray attacks here and there but it never really bothered me at that point. But everything changed when I got my quirk, I'm not really sure if I can call it that though, when me and Miles got our quirks our cousins did a complete 180 in their treatment towards us! It was weird and kind of scary how nice they started to treat us. But after what they put me and Miles through I just couldn't except it. So I just ignore them like I had been doing and they left me completely alone.

"I returned your impractical quirk, take your final throw. Get it over with we don't have all day" Mr. Aizawa tells Izuku as he deactivates his erasing quirk and tosses Izuku another ball. The sullen boy catches the ball before walking back to the center of the circle. 'Come on Izuku you've got this! You can pull this off!' I mentally encourage Izuku as I cheer him on in my head. "I wonder if our teacher gave him some advice" Iida says from next to me and I look up at him as a worried frown takes over my usually smiling face. "I don't know but let's hope that's the case" I tell him feeling concerned for the green haired boy. If he doesn't pull through on the rest of these rest he's going to be the one sent home! "Why the hell would Aizawa give someone like him advice?" Bakugou asks snarkily from in front of me and I look at him weirdly.

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't he? What's wrong with Izuku?" I ask the rude blond curiously. "Tch, you don't know anything American. The f*cking reject shouldn't be here in the first place! He's nothing but a damn quirkless after all" Bakugou scoffs and snorts when he looks over at Izuku. "That's not nice Bakugou, but what are you talking about? Izuku does have a quirk" I tell him somewhat confused, ignoring his somewhat rude name or me. Izuku does have a quirk, otherwise how could he have destroyed that zero pointer? Sure his quirk destroys his body but it's really powerful, I'm pretty sure a lot of people have heard about what happened during the exam. Maybe Bakugou just didn't get the memo. "What the f*ck are you talking about American? Are all people from America this dumb or is it just you? There's no way that Deku has a quirk" Bakugou tells me, looking at me like I'm the dumbest person alive.

I silently sigh and shake my head, I can already tell there's no arguing with Bakugou in the end. He's just too stubborn. I look back over at Izuku and watch him carefully, silently willing him to somehow pass this test. He continues to stare at his feet for a few minutes before he suddenly jerks his head up and throws the ball aggressively into the air! I watch with wide eyes as the ball goes flying faster and further than Bakugou's did at the beginning of the test! 'Wow! That's amazing!' I think as I watch the ball fly off with wide eyes. "How is this f*cking possible?!" I hear Bakugou say from in front of me  sounding completely shocked out of his wits. A harsh wind blows wildly as the ball jets through the air causing my puffy hair to fly around wildly. After the wind dies down I fix my messy hair until it looked the way it did before the wind then look over at Izuku who's standing in the circle with a painful smile on his face.