Let's Go See Peter!

~Maria's POV~

"Finally! I'm free!" I gasp out loudly as I run off of the last train Miles and I had to take in order to get to Queens. "Come on it wasn't that bad" Miles tells me as he chuckles at my reaction, "you try sitting next to a man that smells like he hasn't showered in weeks for almost an hour then" I tell him sharply as I weakly glare at the Afro Latino boy. "Pft, whatever come on drama queen" Miles chuckles as he grabs my hand and pulls me along with him. "Ugh fine! Whatever" I groan and walk along side to him. We walk out of the subway and begin to make our way in the direction of our mentor's house. "It's really been a while since we been over here, hasn't it?" Miles asks as we walk down the streets of Queens, New York. "Sí (Yeah), it's been about a while. Maybe two weeks I think, we usually come see him once every week" I tell him. We continue the rest of our journey in silence. 

We walk for another 45 minutes before we finally reach the street Peter lives on. "Miles come on! We're almost there! I'll race you!" I say excitedly and I don't waste a second and immediately take off running towards our mentor's house. "No fair Maria! Slow down some!" Miles calls out and I look over my shoulder to see him running to catch up to me. "You know you're faster than me so why challenge me to a race?" Miles asks as he runs some steps behind me. "Because I feel like it slow poke!" I tell him and go faster forcing Miles to go faster as well. With or without my spider powers I have Miles beat completely in both faster and more agile/graceful but when it comes to durability and strength he takes the crown with no challenges. I think the fact that Miles works out more than me and our Uncle Aaron used to train him in boxing has to do with him being stronger and more durable than me but I'm faster and more agile because I used to run track in grade school and I did some gymnastics as well. I'm also very flexible which is a must for gymnastics. 

"Hahaha! I beat you!" I cry out in victory as I skid to a stop in front of Peter's house. "No fair! You know you're much faster than me" Miles whines as he stops running, panting slightly. "I know" I tell him with a smug smile as I walk up on Peter's porch and knock on the door. "Hold on a minute please!" A familiar elderly but strong woman's voice says from the other side of the door. A few moments later the door is opened and standing there is none other than Ms. May, or Aunt May as she has Miles and I call her. "Maria, Miles! What a pleasant surprise! I was starting to miss you two, how've you been?" Aunt May asks me and my cousin. "We've been well Aunt May, can we come in?" I ask the older woman politely. "Of course, you two are always welcomed in here no matter what. Quickly now, don't want you two standing in the cold for much longer" Aunt May tells us as she motions us into the house and steps aside for us to enter. "Thanks Aunt May, it is pretty cold out there" Miles says, a hint of joking in his tone as he steps into the warm house after me, slamming the door close behind him. 

I glance at Miles sharply before smacking him upside his head. "Ow! What was that for?" Miles yelps, "stop slamming peoples' doors!" I scold him lightly. "Oh yeah, sorry" he apologizes sheepishly. "You should be saying that to Aunt May" I tell him sharply and let out a huff of annoyance. Miles never knows his own strength, not to mention he's heavy handed and always slams doors when he leaves or enters a room! It's annoying, he almost broke my door a last week when he came charging into my room rambling excitedly about some new video game that just came out. "Would you two like something to drink? Tea? Hot chocolate perhaps? Wait what am I saying? You two always ask for hot chocolate, give me some time and I'll make it for you" Aunt My says as quickly makes her way to the kitchen and begins rummaging through her cabinets. "Aunt May, did someone just come in? I heard the door slam" a very familiar voice says as hurried footsteps make their way down the staircase from the second floor.

The moment the person rounds the corner they look at Miles and I with wide eyes as we sit on the couch. "Hey Peter!" I chirp cheerfully as I wave my hand at him with a wide smile, "yo Peter! What's up?" Miles asks as he too waves at the blond man but our mentor doesn't say anything and looks at us with a blank stare. We both stand up from our spot on the couch and exchange confused glances as we make our way over to the silent man. "Hey Peter, are you okay?" I ask slightly concerned at his silence. "Oh my gosh! I feel like I haven't seen you two in forever!" Peter suddenly shouts, snapping out of his silent daze. "How've my favorite spiderlings been?" He asks us as he warps one of his arms around each of our waists and picks us up in a hug which is quiet easy considering his 5'10" closer to 5'11" height. Although Miles is 5'8" Peter is still able to pick him up easily. "Hahaha! I missed you too Peter!" I giggle happily as I warp my arms around his neck in a hug.