Looks Like It's My Turn

~Maria's POV~

"Welcome back to the finals everyone! Sorry for the long wait but the insane amount of ice has finally been cleared folks so it time to welcome new competitors to the stage!" Mr. Hizashi shouts and the crowd gets hyped up once again. It took about an hour and a half to get the ice berg Todoroki made to melt safely and get the ring cleaned up. Right now Denki and his opponent, Shiozaki, are walking up to the ring as Mr. Hizashi does their introductions. "Even beautiful flowers have thorns, it's the assassin from class 1-B Ibara Shiozako from the hero curse!" Mr. Hizashi announces excitedly as the vine haired girl makes her way into the ring. "Versus, the boy with the boy with an electric personality, another hero in the making! Denki Kaminari!" Our English teacher announces with just as much excitement and Denki steps into the ring as well. 

The entire crowd cheers loudly as the two hero course students step into the ring. "Keep those eyes peeled! I wanna see a flashy battle this time!-" Mr. Hizashi starts to yell but before he can get too far in his speech Shiozaki cuts him off. "Excuse me! Please pardon the interruption but I'm not sure why you called me an assassin. I've come to the festival in search of victory not taking their life! That wouldn't be in lines with the values of a hero at all sir!" The girl tells Present Mic like she's a innocent and holy person and honestly she might be. "Right, I'm sorry" Mr. Hizashi apologizes, not expecting the girl to say something like that. "Gentlemen, I entered UA for wicked or selfish reasons but to deliver salvation to others! It is my humble quest to spread true good across this world" Shiozaki continues on and as she speaks ray of light comes from no where and shines down on her!

'Oh my sweet baby Jesus, so holy!' I think as I squint my eyes just to loo at her. How can someone be so pure and polite as to get sunlight to shine down on them?!

"Listen I said I was sorry okay?! It was my mistake and it won't happen again!" Mr

"Listen I said I was sorry okay?! It was my mistake and it won't happen again!" Mr. Hizashi says as he cuts off the girl's passive ranting. "I thank you for your kind understanding" Shiozaki tells says with a pure smile and bow before turning to face Denki again. "So anyways, begin!" Mr. Hizashi screeches into his microphone, officially beginning the match. Denki  says something to Shiozaki but due to the distance between where I'm sitting and were the ring is I'm not able to hear unless he yells it. As my, soon to be dead, blond friend speaks he charges up with electricity but Shiozaki doesn't look worried in the slightest. "Indiscriminate shock, 1.3 million volts!" Denki exclaims and discharges a lot  of electricity from his body.

Instead of panicking or trying to dodge the attack like any sane person would do Shiozaki turns her back and makes a shield of vines to protect her from Denki's attack!  All the electricity heading towards her ends up going around from shield, not even one volt of electricity comes near her! 'Woah, that's pretty cool. I have to start thinking of a way to beat this girl' I think as I watch the electricity rage on for a few more seconds before it comes to a halt. Not even a minute later vines break out from the ground and capture Denki in a bind as they dangle him in the air. I can't help but release a sudden laugh at Denki predicament, he deserves to be dangled in the air like an idiot! I'm still upset about him tricking us girls! And Mineta, I'll have to make sure to turn him into grape juice later.