Chapter 27

~What's your favorite fanfiction on Wattpad up till now?

Here comes an entire chapter of Chan-Mirae moments. Feed your hunger!

--------------------------------------

"I consulted a former football coach for training for my test," Chanyeol announced. It was quite late, after rounds and I was just getting ready for bed when he texted me saying he wanted to see me and talk about something. Instead of finding it weird because we patrolled for hours when he had the opportunity to say it, I was panicking that something was wrong. Though, through his text, Chanyeol assured me otherwise. As we met up in the vacant common room, he broke out the news soberly.

"Okay. So?"

"Well..." He scratched at the back of his head nervously. "He says that he is currently giving coaching to other candidates as well and I can join him anytime I want." 

I nodded shortly, not seeing what was the problem with that. He cleared his throat uneasily, "The timings aren't very convenient. 7:30 to 10 pm."

My mouth formed an 'O'. Now I see the complete picture, the reason behind his hesitant tone and pleading eyes. That's...well, that's the same time when we patrol. Not to mention, 10 pm time is way past curfew. Before I could respond, he closed in quickly. "Look, please, don't say that it's not allowed. I know it's not. being Heads and all, it's our duty to follow the rules and I totally understand it but I have no choice! Please Mirae, It's not even for a whole week, only four days a week." he held his breath. "Can you cover up for me for the next three weeks? Until I give my trial?"

I sighed. "When's your test?"

"26 November."

"But you can do it in an appropriate way too, right? No need to sneak off like that." I suggested, "I mean, Jinyoung goes for training too but since he has that attested from the school administration nobody can lay a hand on him." I suggested helpfully.

Chanyeol replied, "I know, I considered that too. But what are the chances of the Admin granting me permission when they know I have to do rounds, that I already have a responsibility? Madame Jung is still against the idea of me being Head Boy. If she gets wind of it, there's no way she'll bend the rules for me."

"What makes you think I will?" I raised a brow. "I imagine you know how high I am on taking responsibility seriously?"

"Because..." He bit his lower lip. The expression on Chanyeol's face betrayed his anxiety. He does really want my help, doesn't he?  "This is a responsibility too. Just a different kind... it's about my future." 

That makes sense. Smart boy with a smart mouth, that's what Park Chanyeol is. It wouldn't hurt to do rounds on my own, right? His dark eyes poured into mine, imploring silently. I exhaled loudly, twisting with ends of the frill on my nightshirt. 

"Alright." I gave in.

-

Tension and fog, both were thick in the air as we progressed towards the end of November. It seemed that the student body had only two topics for discussion: Prom and the final match of the tournament. That's all. But since the workload wasn't much either, I let it go and was surprised to find myself looking forward to both. Yumi didn't have a hard time convincing me to attend this particular match; I figured it was the last match after all which makes my 'next match' excuse completely invalid. And all the effort the boys were putting into it, including my boyfriend, it just seemed right to cheer for them.

Baekhyun and Yumi's campaign for the prom hunt was going successful, at least for Baekhyun it was. Junmyun, on the other hand, didn't say much but we all knew that he had his heart on the same girl who seemed too 'unreachable'. But knowing this guy, he underestimates him too much. On the contrary, Chanyeol remained quite tight-lipped about the whole matter. He would shrug whenever he was asked and it was getting on my nerves. I kept hoping silently that it wasn't Hyori. But then, I should have no say in the matter.