Chapter 18

Who was your first crush in K-pop?

-------------------

"Ugh, I hate rounds!" I declared one evening in the library. The already-annoyed librarian shot me a scandalized look at my loud outburst. I smiled sheepishly and leaned in whispering. "I mean, they're boring."

"Then don't go," Jinyoung suggested. We had spent the last two hours studying in a corner of the library. Or at least... trying to study. No, we were not kissing. I refuse to become one of those disgusting couples. Our time mostly consisted of Jinyoung trying to work for 2 minutes and then he would throw his pen in frustration complaining that he couldn't concentrate. I would argue that he shouldn't be complaining that when he hasn't even tried to focus. He would complain that I was too condemnatory for my own good (in a teasing way, of course) but I'd still demand an apology from him and we'd go back to studying happily. And then, the cycle would repeat itself.

These frequent interruptions weren't the only thing that was keeping me from getting anything done. I'd catch myself staring at him (when he wasn't looking). I'd closely observe the little crease that appears between his brows when he was thinking hard. How he chewed his pencil when he was doing a calculation. Or how his cheeks were slightly raised that added to his perfect features. Don't blame me. I just have a very handsome boyfriend.

As I've said, we haven't got much work done.

"I can't skip them." I sighed deeply. "Madame Jung would know if I did that, plus, Junmyun's also not here-"

"Why isn't he here?" He asked.

Shit, Mirae, you thickhead. I almost slapped my forehead. I mean, okay, Jinyoung knew about Junmyun's secret but I still didn't want to remind him and tell him about the whole lawsuit that was going on these days, for which Junmyun had to attend the hearings. "Um, he's sick, I guess." I stuttered trying to cover up his absence. Either Jinyoung didn't notice my hesitance or chose to ignore it, I couldn't tell.

"Well, do you want to come with me? God knows, you wouldn't be able to get even one assignment done without me nagging you." I proposed.

"I haven't had any assignment done even with you nagging me." Jinyoung pointed out, amused.

I grinned. "True. So?"

"Nah, I think I'll pass. Haven't got enough energy left to wander around this whole place for nothing. But are you afraid of doing 'em alone, if you are then I'll come with you?"

Nothing? That's harsh, ain't I going to be with you?

Brushing off all hard feelings, I shook my head. I'm probably just overreacting, both of us are really tired anyway "No. I'm okay doing them alone anyway. Besides, I do need to get away from you if I want some work done later." I chuckled, swinging my bag on my shoulder.

Jinyoung raised a thick eyebrow. "So you're planning to lock yourself in a room whose location will be unknown to me after rounds?"

"Exactly," I joked before winking at him.

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head, and removed my bag from my shoulder. "I'll take it back. See you in the common room later."

I leaned in to kiss him on the cheek. "Bye."

Massaging my temples because my headache was starting to get worse, I began from the second floor though I doubt that people would hit the usual snogging spots this early. I love my duties but having to do this alone can be burdensome sometimes. If there's any moment where I regret being prefect, it's the embarrassing moment when I walk in to a snogging couple, and instead of walking away quickly, I have to break them apart and punish them. No wonder prefects were never popular.