Chapter 19

I'm having a weird feeling about this. I know, some of you might be disagreeing with where the story is going. But, trust your author on this, I'll make everything okay. Plus, I know Mirae is infuriatingly annoying, but hey, I warned you people when I first introduced her ;)

Don't forget to vote for EXO at the BBMAs! Now is the time to prove your loyalties and affection for our boyzz! The link is posted on my feed.

Hope you enjoy!

---------------

I had laid my first step in the common room that night when I spotted Jinyoung sitting with his classmates at a corner. I stopped. We were still avoiding each other and I didn't want to be anywhere he was. I know, what happened between us in the morning partially had my fault and I apologized for it. But he shouldn't have a say in who I hang out with, nobody should. I offered him to accompany me, didn't I? It was his choice to stay back and now he's going to accuse me of not spending enough time with him? He's sour because I spent time with Chanyeol and it's a ridiculous thing to be angry about. I was about to turn around and go back somewhere peaceful, intent on ignoring Jinyoung when I heard someone call me.

"Mirae! Hey, wait a minute!"

I noticed Chanyeol, bearing a wide smile, waving his hands wildly in the air, summoning me closer. My eyes automatically flew to Jinyoung who was watching us silently, he must have heard Chanyeol call me. Though the moment our eyes met, his lips pursed to a thin line, and turned his back quite indifferently within a second. I huffed out a frustrated sigh. I shook my head at Chanyeol, mouthing 'later'. I think I've dealt enough men for today, can't take any more. Jinyoung's attitude was still lingering on my mind as I rounded towards the door to settle in a quiet spot in the library.

But the minute I stepped out rubbing my tired eyes, I sensed footsteps behind me. Chanyeol was standing there, hands stuffed in his pocket, a small frown crawling on his lips. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." To be honest, I'm just tired. I wouldn't exactly call today a good one. Half of me was happy that I, at least, have a friend who cares enough to come after me wearing that worried look and ask me about what's bugging me, the other half was sad that it wasn't Jinyoung because I partly expected him to. Chanyeol just gave me a disbelieving look but didn't inquire further. Instead, a playful grin arched on his lips. "So, the word's on the street that Jinyoung is jealous of me?"

I rolled my eyes. Nothing gets past this boy, does it?  He always knows."I thought you said you weren't keeping tabs on me?"

He laughed merrily. "That's true. But I doubt you two will break up over it." I think it's just because of my beaten-up brain that his tone came off quite resentful as he said that. "He really likes you, after all."

"How would you know?"

"Because he told me," Chanyeol answered breezily. "You-" His next words were interrupted by a loud gurgling sound.

"Good Lord, Mirae, was that your stomach?!"

I grimaced in embarrassment, holding the sides of my abdomen, kneeling a little. "Yes, I...sort of, haven't had much to eat." I half hoped that I wouldn't get to hear that lecture about not having my meals again as I did from the dorm nurse last night.

"I can get you something from the kitchens." He quickly offered.

"But they are so far away..." I whined, almost ready to ignore my hunger instinct again.

"Have you forgotten who you are with, dear? I can go to the kitchens from here in two minutes." He smirked proudly, hands on his hips.

"Really?" I asked skeptically.