Chapter 25

'You draw a line, and I'm busy erasing. You draw a line and I'm busy erasing
Between a friend and lover, that boring tug of war, I don't need friendship anymore
I cut the line and you're busy tying it back up. I cut 
the line and you're busy tying it back up
I want to cross the line and look at you right now'

-- Borderline (EXO-SC)

I was going through their album and came across this beautiful piece that relates so much to my book. 

~What is your favorite song from EXO's month?

You might not get hold of things right now (regarding the plot) but I promise everything will fall into its rightful place before you even know it :)                                          

"Oh, don't tell me, do you love me?"

"Maybe yes, but would you care--" I clapped my hand over my mouth. My eyes closed shut in embarrassment, trying to block out the image of his shocked eyes at my abrupt confession.

Stumbling back a few steps, I stared at him speechlessly. The ringing silence that followed it almost choked me. Turning away, I rushed down the corridor at a hundred kilometers per hour. Stupid, stupid Mirae. Don't you have any filter? Why do you always have to end up being so embarrassed? I groaned as the cursed words that had left my mouth a while ago kept replaying in my mind again and again. After blurting that out to Jinyoung, Why did I make a run for life? And that means not only did I confess quite bizarrely, I ran away at full speed too. So instead of making a bigger fool of myself, I decided upon hiding myself from my boyfriend for as long as possible. Brilliant strategy of mine, isn't it? I know I'm a genius.

But that wouldn't be so easy. We had History in like five minutes and I would have to face him nevertheless. I walked inside the Prefect's bathroom. Turning on the faucet, I splashed ice cold water on my face. I sighed deeply, preparing myself. Maybe, now is the time to skip class?  

I have pulled out of my thoughts when I heard something scratching behind me. I glanced back and screamed in fright. "Aaah! What the hell are you doing down there?!"

Chanyeol, who was currently slumped on the floor, peered up from his notebook boredly. It makes me wonder how I even missed him sitting there. "Writing stuff." He answered shortly before disappearing back behind his notebook.

I placed a hand on my chest to control my uneven breathing, leaning my hands against the washbasin. I stood there for some while, staring up at my clear reflection, thinking why was I stupid. My eyes were surrounded by dark circles, seems like I have to take care of my sleeping pattern more.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" He commented, without looking up.

I rolled my eyes. I am NEVER going to tell him what I just did. Never. Nada. Not a chance. He would definitely laugh at my insanity, he will never let me see the end of it, he's going to tease me till I'm breathing my last about how my first-ever love confession got kinda rejected by my own boyfriend. Or maybe scold me for saying it so soon without any consideration?

"Nothing." I cleaned my hands using the towel as the bell rung and I moved for the door. Looking back, I asked, "Aren't you coming? We have class."

He shook his head. "Nah, I don't feel like attending today."

I rolled my eyes, walked closer to him, offering my hand. "No way, you aren't bunking on my watch."