Chapter 12

The #JenKai break-up is making me crazy! I was so happy for them and it's been less than 6 months that they dated. Ughh.....I feel like crying. But I guess if this is what makes them happy then fine.....  :I

~~~What K-pop couple do you ship the most? Do tell me :)

I guess it's safe to say that this chapter will be very enjoyable to read! Enjoy!

---------------

I got back to school late on the thundering night of December 29. I was dripping with rain that was falling in torrents, shivering like a leaf. When I entered the common room, I was relieved to find it empty because I did not have the courage to face an extremely hyperactive Baekhyun or Chanyeol who could shower me with another round of death threats.

"You're back!" a voice whispered to my right lightly when I reached my dorm. I jumped out of my skin in fright. Thank god it was just Yumi peering from the bed hangings.

"Shit, Yumi you just gave me a heart attack!" I admonished though I was very happy to see her. "I didn't know you were awake."

"I was about to sleep. Just waiting for you." She confessed. "How was Christmas?"

I passd her a smile. "Oh, it was great. Eomma gifted me these pearl earrings and Appa gave me a set of Jane Austen novels. She's my favorite author. Even Unnie gave me a box of chocolates but it was my least favorite flavor. It had fruit-" I noticed her looking at me shrewdly. "What?"

"You're hiding something." She smirked. Damn I hate the fact that she knows me so well. "I mean you're babbling at about million miles an hour and I can tell something out of place happened too."

"What do you-"

"Just spit it out, Mirae."

"Oh fine." I slumped on my bed with a thud and continued. "So Chanyeol texted me." I opened the chat and handed her my cell phone. "And I replied."

Yumi read the whole damn chat with her face betraying no emotions. Her expression remained so unchangeable that I was starting to wonder if she had turned to rock or something. I was about to poke her when she raised her head, her hooded eyes solemn. "Mirae, I think he's still in love with you."

I blinked. This was the last thing I was expecting but then it was Jung Yumi and such unpredictable comments were no surprise. A laugh escaped my mouth. "Yumi!" I snatched my phone from her hands. "I told you, no crazy theories!"

"But this isn't a crazy theory! It's the truth." She whispered wildly. We couldn't be loud because it could wake up our room mates.

"How can you judge from a few messages?"

"I-I have a feeling." She answered excitedly.

"Huh, right! A feeling? What a solid proof." I rolled my eyes. Yumi replied, "Why don't you ask him?"

"Sure, that wouldn't be an awkward conversation at all." I said sarcastically. "Hey Chanyeol hope you had a good holiday. By the way, I was just wondering if you were still in love with me?" She burst out in laughter in fits at the sound of it with her bed trembling violently. I continued, "Plus hang on, hadn't we decided that he didn't even like me in the first place?"

"No, you decided that. After what ever shit he convinced you to believe in the Chemistry lab that day. But, I, rightfully said that it was complete bullocks." She completed with a smug face.

"Yeah, yeah I remember. I don't agree with you one bit but why is he still dating Yoori if that's the case?"

"You'll have to ask him that one too." She said unsurely. I removed my wet coat and socks and jumped in my bed. A piece of paper flew with my motion and landed on the ground. I bent down to pick it up. It took me a micro second to recognize the perfect slanting handwriting. My heart skipped a beat as I noticed it belonged to the person I had totally forgotten at the moment.