School

It was Saturday morning. We were heading down to stay at mums for a few days. It was holidays and I started school again in 7 days. We returned from mums the day before school started. I was going to be in Grade 10. I was now 16. We pack everything up and I jump in the drivers seat. I was getting my hours for my L’s done. I loved driving. It put everything into perspective even more, even though it’s been 2 years since my life changed forever. For the better though of course. I thought being a teen mum would mean I failed in life. But I’m doing better then I could ever have hoped for. I was engaged, doing well at ‘school’ (well home-school) anyway, I had two gorgeous daughters, I work, I have my Learners License, and the list goes on. We got to mums at 1pm. We sat down for an afternoon tea of cake and hot drinks. The girls had Milo and their other ‘birthday’ cake. They were both walking now. Kiera walked a lot. All the time, she hardly crawled. Mia however could walk but she preferred to crawl. The days with mum and the clan were great. The girls were happy. We got home on Sunday. I got some money out on the way home for lunch money. The next day, I get up, feed the girls, then Tristan bathes the girls while I have a shower and get in my uniform. It felt so weird. Once we are all set I grab my keys and we hope in the car. I drive the girls to Dontelle’s house. She agreed to take them every Monday, Tristan’s mum took them every Tuesday and Thursday, Tristan’s sister every first Wednesday, my Dad every second Wednesday (with the help of my Nan and Pop) and then Play Group/Day Care every Friday so they got some social/educational time.  So we drop the girls off at Dontelle’s. Then we hop back in the car and I drive to school. When we arrive I hand Tristan the keys so he can drive to work.

“So I will be here at 3 on the dot to get you. OK?”

“Yeah ok.” I say shyly.

“Don’t worry baby. It will be fine. Just you know you will always have the girls and I to come home too.”

“I know, I know.” I say as he pulls me into a hug.

“You wearing your ring?”

“Of course I am.” When I say that he kisses me and gives me another hug.

“I will miss not being with you all the time.”

“Me too.” We kiss again.

“Oh you too. Knock it off. “ It was Sarah. She was one of my closest friends before I had to leave.

“Sarah?”

“OMG! Kase? Is that really you?”

“Yes you twatter.” I say as I hug Tristan once more.

“Bye babe.” He drives off.

“You look amazing. I didn’t even recognize you. Look how fit and hot you are.”

“Thanks.”

“How are the girls?”

“They are great they had their first the other day and they are walking and…”

We headed to class, talking about my life and Sarah’s life. All my friends were happy to see me. I’m glad I still had them all.

“So …” I say to them all. “That’s my life up until this very day.”

They all clap and wipe away a few tears.

“Wow. Well thank you for sharing Kaycee.”

“Thanks for letting me” I say as I sit back down.