Catching Up and Telling All

The next day I got up before Tristan and caught the bus to school. The first thing I did was go to the front office and organize a meeting with the principal. Once I had scheduled a meeting I left to find my friends. I wasn’t sure how many people would now but I figured it might possibly have already spread thanks to the girls next door to mums place.

I came across Steph from next-door first.

“Hey Steph!”

“Hey Kay!” We laugh

“How are you and Tristan?”

“Yea we are good. We did some baby shopping and lay-buying yesterday and moved all my stuff to the motel. I got some more hours at work and some money from Centrelink.”

“Oh cool. When are you going to tell everyone?”

“Wait, have you told anyone?”

“Nope. Dad told us to keep our mouths shut and he meant it.”

“Oh far enough. I guess I will tell most people today then the news will spread won’t it? I have a meeting with the principal soon.”

“Well I have to go find the others. Good luck.”

“Thanks”

“Oh Kaycee. Do you want to do something after school this week? Just you and I? I figure you will go soon and everything will get hectic once you tell everyone they will be dying to talk to you so…”

“Sure. Give me a call tonight. Or better yet pop down to the motel after school. Tristan and I will take you home. I will have to do something with the other girls too.”

“Yea. So tonight?”

“Yep. Do you have money?”

“A little bit”

“Well come by tonight and we will go to the movies ok?”

“Sounds good.”

“See you then.”

“Bye.”

I find my friends. I find my close friend Chloe but she isn’t friends with all my other friends so I take her with me.

“Whats going on?”

“I need to tell ALL of you something!”

“Ok?”

“So I’m moving school.”

“When?”

“at the end of this term so in about 4 weeks.”

“Really?”

“Yea. Set in stone.”

“No! You cant leave” They get up to hug me.

“Wait theres more.”

“What? What else could there be?”

“im pregnant!”

“You’re joking right?”

“No I’m serious. 100%. I wish I was joking but…”

“Does you r mum know?”

“Yep. All my family knows.”

“Did she try to kill you?”

“She wont talk to me and kicked me out.”

“Well were are you staying then?”

“With Tristan at the motel down the road. Then we are moving to his mums and Dons. When the kids are born we are getting our own place.”

“Kids?”

“Yes. I’m having twins.”

“OMG!”

“Anyway I have to go get ready for a meeting with the Principal. Talk to you later.”

“Can we do something soon?”

“Yep sure. How about…”

“Meet you all at my place this Friday night for drinks. Mum can drop most of you home.”

“Kaycee wont be able to drink Laura?”

“Well I will get here some other things. Are you all forgetting what’s happening Friday?”

“Shit! Its your birthday right?”

“Yes”

“Ok see you then girls. Bye”

“See ya KDawg”

“Bye Kase”

“Congrates Kase”

I go to my meeting with the principal. I tell everything and she allows a transfer. She says she will talk to Sorority High and organize a tutor and stuff. Turns out she was a teen mum too. Maybe I can do this and still achieve my dreams.

I go to my locker to get my back to head to the bus when I get called over the PA.

I head to to the front office and mums there.

“I have transferred most of your documents to your Oma, Tristan, Jaymey and Dontelle. I sent a heap of permission forms etc. to Dontelle she will turn in to your 50% soul career. Jaymey will be 20% and Oma 30%. I have talked with all of them and that was their dission. At the moment oma is on charge. And obviously your Dad has every right to your custody now. I went to Centrelink and filled out a heap of things for you. I hope you do ok and in an emergency I will be there. But I cant get over this right now. And obviously I cant be accounted for as your carer if I don’t see you, speak to you or even live with you. I have transferred $1500 to your bank from me to help pay for baby suff when you need it. Half the savings from your dads pay out was transferred to. That was about $3000. Plus all his Child support payments will go to you directly not that they are much. I will transfer $20 every week. Hopefully you will be ok for money. Good Luck with everything and good bye. Please make sure you treat Ryan properly and I know Toby wants to be a part of your life still. Do you want to take them out this weekend?”

“I’m working most of the day Sunday. I knock of at 12am on Saturday we will come pick them up. Is that ok?”

“Yep I will give them some money.”

“Thanks.”

“Ok Bye.”

“Bye”

“Oh and Tristan is out the front.”

“Oh thanks”

I walk out the front and hope in the car.

“Mum has put about $4500 in my bank! $1500 from her for the kids. And $3000 which is my savings money form Dad. Plus she organized my Centrelink and will transfer $20 every week to my bank.”

“Wow. That awesome.”

“I have to meet Sam at the motel. She wants to do something together. I think she might actually be a bit upset about it all. Are you right to drop us off at the movies.”

“Sure thing”

“Thanks honey.”

We drive back to what we now call “home”. Sam was walking down through the main gate.

“I’ll hop out here and walk here back to our room.”

“Ok. I will be there soon.”