Choosing Names

The days went by like this for the next 4 weeks. I went to school even thought he morning sickness was taking over, we visited my sister Jaymey twice. She had come round to the idea and was slightly excited. It was the morning of my last day of term. My last day here. My last time in this specific part of life. Tomorrow we were heading off after we said goodbye to my brothers. Ryan wanted to come with us but we decided we would pick him up the second week of holidays when we pick up the layby baby stuff and possibly Toby as well. So I head off to school. When I get there they have thrown me a little going away slash baby shower party. I was so overwhelmed. There were a few pictures, lots of food and decorations. We played some games. They had all voted on what genders they thought he babies would be. Most people thought it would be a boy and a girl. I thought that was rare. I had a feeling it would be two boys, Tristan thought two girls. I wanted a boy and a girl. I was now 2 and half months pregnant, so 10 weeks pregnant when school goes back for the 4th term I will be at the new school and after my first day we are going to go to our doctor to try and get a gender ultrasound. I was super excited because it meant we would be able to finally shop, set up our temporary nursery’s and all that stuff. I spent the day trying to hang out with everyone I could then Tristan picked me and a few friends up and we went out to the baby shop to pay of our second last payments and to organize pick up. We bought a really cute set of dresses for twin girls. Everyone insisted and they all chipped in to get it. I thought it would maybe jinx us and then we would get two boys. But they wanted them weather we had girls or not. So I bought a twin set of really cute boys overalls to even things out. I had a suspicion that now we would get a boy and a girl but I didn’t mind. No matter what genders they were they were my kids and I would love them unconditionally no matter what. I make chicken tacos for tea. We pack up the motel as best we can and go pay the last instalment for our stay. The next morning we get up early and pack everything. We drive up to Julia’s to get the guinea pigs I was only keeping 2 girls Julie kept the rest and stopped at mums to get a couple chooks. Tristan had a 4 door dual cab ute thanks to his dad. So the chooks carriers got tied down on the back. We had our basic clothes and all my stuff in the back set, a few bits on the back. We said goodbye to everyone and organized to pick Ryan and Toby up next week. Then I said goodbye to the neighbours and the dog and we hit the road. We had to make a few stops because the pregnancy had started to make me nauseous.  We had lunch on the way and got to Dontelle’s at 2pm. She was excited to see us. We chilled out there for a while then unloaded some of my stuff. We decided I would stay at Dontelle’s for the holidays mainly because the boys would be coming up next week and they would want to see Dontelle and Luka. We went up to Tristan’s mum. She was happy to see us. She made us tea and gave Tristan some of his things. She had gone and bought all my school uniform. She was amazing. Then we drove back to Dontelle’s and went to bed. A few days later we went to visit my Nan and Pop then we visited Dad. I hadn’t seen my day for about 5 years. He had bought us some gifts. Then we went back. Tristan, Dontelle and Kye had drinks that night. It took a lot of persuading on my part for them to all finally relax and have a drink without feeling to bad. I went to bed early. Then Tristan came in. 

“Hey mummy.”

“Hey Daddy”

“So I’ve been thinking…”

“Yea”

“We should start thinking of names…”

“Yea ok. What did you have in mind?”

“Well I don’t really now its up to you. We know Don likes Mia.”

“Yea I would like a girl called Mia but I like different, unique names.”

“Like?”

“Well you now the name Milani (Mee-lee-nee)?

“Yea.”

“Well, I always thought you pronounced it as Mia’Larni right?”

“Pretty.”

“I know. I like it and want to possibly call a daughter Mia’Larni. What do you think? Its beautiful. Want to know what I like?”

“What?”

“Daniella! I would love to name a kid after your sister. She has done so much for us both.”

Well what about Mia’Larni Daniella?”

“OMG I love it!”

“Me too. For a boy I like Alex…”

“Alexander? That’s my favourite boys name!”

“Same. So I like Alexander Athol Andrew. After pop and Ryan and Luka and yea..”

“Perfect. One more of each ‘cause it’s twins.”

“My all time favourite girls name?”

“Yep!”

“Kiera-Ellen”

“Yes! Yes! Yes!”

“Boys?”

“My all time favourite boys name?”

“Yep.”

“Kyle Kenzie”

“I like Kyle but I want a daughter called Makenzie aka Kenzie one day. So..”

“Jaymey Lee Kyle?”

“Yea that’s ok.”

“We will see”

“Yep.”