Moving Out

The next day we woke up nice and early. We stopped at Coles on the way to grab a few boxes and bags. Then went to my mum’s place. No one was home but she had left a note saying Let yourself in. If you don’t have a key you know were the spare is. We will be home at 4pm. I think its best your gone by then. Mum.

I knew the spare was on Reuben (the dogs) collar. So I climbed over to his yard. Gave him a cuddle and a pat and introduced him to Tristan then we went inside.

There was another note on the bench:

You need to organize what you are doing with your guinea pigs and your chooks can stay or you can take a couple I don’t give a damn. Want your room totally clean so we can remove everything and turn it in to a guest room or a room for Ryan. We decided its best you don’t stay here. Will be in contact with you soon though. Mum

“Tristan?”

“Yea?”

“What do I do with my guinea pigs?”

“They can stay at mums till we organize somewhere else but we may not be going up there fo a while. Not until everything is settled anyway.”

“I might ask the girls next door? No actually I don’t trust them. I think I will put a post on Gumtree see if anyone can watc them for a few months or even weeks. If not I will have to sell them. What about my chooks? Mum says they can stay but…”

“They can go to mum’s too. I love chooks and I presume we will be in out=r own house in a year or so anyway so again find a temporary place then we will take them otherwise leave them here and we will get them when we can.”

“Yea ok. You want to put an Ad on gumtree for me while I start packing things?”

“Yea. I guess. Don’t go moving anything till I’m there though.”

“Ok bossy.”

By 2:30pm we had everything I needed in the car. We had done a trip to the tip. And my room was ready for renovation. Julia, a person I once bought guinea pigs off, had seen our post and offered to take them for me free of charge and if worst came to worst and I couldn’t pick them up again she said she would keep them and give me some cash. I didn’t want to lose my precious Guinea Pig Chance. She also said if mum wouldn’t let me leave the chook’s here temporarily she could take about 10 and hold them for me to. So that was good. I said a very emotional good bye to Reuben. Then we locked the house up and went to see the chooks.

I picked out a few I knew I would keep. And a few I would keep only if mum would hold them for me. Then we went down to the neighbor’s house. I was always close to the girls and even their dad. I was hoping they would all be there so we could tell them. I knocked on the door and Steve their dad answered.

“Come in.”

“Hey Steve! Are the girls here?”

“Yea there all up in their rooms. But Sam and Sue both have a friend over.”

“Oh.”

“What’s up?”

“I have something really important that I want to share with you and the girls. And someone I want to introduce but if they have friends I can’t so I will just call them or something later.”

“If it’s that important to you I will ask their friends to go home. There only the girls from down the road.”

“That would be fantastic. I will just duck home and get the person I wont to introduce to you. I will be back in 10”