Uhh, I'm Pregnant... x2

The next afternoon after school, I meet Tristan at the clinic.

“Ultrasound time!”

“I know! I’m secretly excited.”

“You can’t tell the gender this early can you?”

“Ha-Ha. No silly. At 12 maybe.”

We get in and sit with Gina then she lays me down and puts the gel on my belly. 

“Lets start”

She spends a few minutes looking then stops.

“Listen it’s the heartbeat…” She pauses.

“What? I say.

“Its their heartbeats!”

“What? What?”

“Your having twins. Listen you can hear the two heartbeats. “

“OMG!”

Gina ran us through more tests etc. then we leave.

I call mum.

“I’m working again so I’m just going to stay at Christies again. Sarah said she will drive the dog and I to the park on the weekend.”

“Ok”

“See ya”

“Bye”

I just wanted to disappear. We get back to Tristan’s room and I call Dontelle.

“Hello?”

“Hey”

“Hey how are you? You haven’t called.”

“I’ll tell you why in a sec. what’s happening? Feel me in before I tell you what’s going on.”

“Well your nephews got a cold and umm… oh Tristan went to visit a friend in Hobart yesterday and…

“Ok stop. I can’t keep it anymore”

“What?”

“Tristan is with me!”

“I know you’ve been dating for nearly 2 months…”

“No I mean his with me right now, Tristan say hello… “

“Hey DanDan”

“What the hell? Why wouldn’t you tell me you were going to visit my sister?”
“Because well…”

“DanDan I’m Pregnant.”

“What?”

“That’s why Tristan came. I thought I was and was stressed so he came down to buy me a kit. It came back positive so we went to the clinic and that came back positive too. Then tonight we went to get an ultrasound and…”

“Wait, your serious?”

“Very serious!”

“OMG! I’m…I…” She was silent.

“DO you want to know what we found out tonight? Mainly why we are calling?”

“What?”

“Its twins!”

“WHAT!”

“Twins. There was 2 heartbeats then they found 2 babies.”

“I have to go. I need to get my head around this and talk to Kye. I will call you back when I can. “

“Are you mad?”

“Well, your 14 so yes. But I’m also impressed with everything Tristan did and the way you’re handling it.”

“Ok”

Love you”

“Love you too bye”

“Well that wasn’t to, to bad. Was it?”

“I guess not.”

“What do you want for tea sexy?”

“Can you cook?”

“Well…I think so.”

“Do you want to walk to the shop with me?”

“Of course. Why?”

“Lets make our first “family” meal together. Spaghetti Bog. I’m craving it today.”

“Ha-ha Ok. Does this mean your warming up to the idea of a baby?”

“Do I have a choice?

“Good point.”

“Can you grab me one of your jumpers? Actually lets stop at the clothes shop. I will buy a new outfit so I don’t have to keep wearing my uniform”

“Ok. Here’s a jumper. I will pay for your clothes. “

“Na its right”

“I insist. Mum gave me some pretty good money. I sort of told her what’s going on with out going in to detail so she put more in my bank so I can keep paying for this for another week and to support you for a bit. “

“Ok, she’s an angel”

“I know”

We go to the shop and start looking at the women’s clothing. I grab out a $5 tee and a pair of leggings. Then we just grab a $2 pair of thongs. I didn’t want him spending much money on me. As we were walking to the check out we notice the Maternity Section.

“They actually have some pretty good clothes.”

“In a few months we will need to get you some of those.”

“I didn’t even think of that. It’s so weird.”

“Its ok if you don’t but do you mind if we stop at the Babies section?”

“I don’t see why not.”

We walk over to the babies’ section. I start crying again. The nurse said it would be mostly because of pregnancy hormones.

“Its all so real. Soon we are going to have to tell people! What will I do about school? Tristan I can’t do this. I can’t!”

“It will be ok! Do you want to leave this section?”

I had stopped crying now.

“No actually I want to look. How much money do you have?”

“$200 to blow right now if you want! You thinking of doing some family shopping?” He laughed as he said it

“I think it might help put things in to prospective. Nothing major though. Only things I will be able to hide when you go back home.”

“Ok”

We search around. We buy a 2 white tops saying Daddies No.1, a pack of unisex dummies and some animal themed bottles. Then Tristan buys me a rose and a box of chocolate.

We walk back to his hotel and I climb into bed.

“I’m going to whip up some noodles I’m starving.”

“You can go get something decent to eat if you want. I just need a nap.”

“I wont leave you. Not now and not ever.”

“I love you. I really do. I’m glad you’re my baby daddy.”

“Me too!” We laugh for a bit then I go to bed.