Six Months X2 and a house?

We get up early and get dressed. It was an awesome day. I was so happy and excited. I dress the girls in their matching dresses and pack them a bag each. I decide to take today easy and don’t go over the top. I pack their double pram, one bag each and my mothers bag with their bottles, formula, nappies and stuff. Dontelle gets the boys ready with Tristan’s help. Kye, surprisingly, cleans up a bit then we leave. We arrive before anyone else so we book the barbeques. Mum and the boys turn up next with some of the food for the BBQ. Then Missy, Jaymey and Riley turn up with the desserts. They get permission to put some ice cream in the zoo’s staff freezer. Oma, Em and Madison turn up next. That was everyone. I introduce them to the girls. Ryan pushes the pram for while.

“Right well now the foods sorted. Lets go.” Jaymey says. She was talking to mum as we walked, Missy to Dontelle, Kye to Tristan, I was talking to everyone. The boys were off pushing the prams. Ryan had the twins Toby had Luka. Cyrus was up with them. The day went by. I took the girls for a while. We went on this bus around in paddocks of Emus and stuff. I was nervous because one of the highlights is Emu’s pecking you and I was worried about the girls getting pecked. We leave the prams and hope on. I hold Kiera and Em holds Mia, half way through Oma takes her then Mum. We get past the emus fine then we get to the camels. Mum was on the outside seats with Mia.

“Don’t let her get bitten or anything.”

AS if she was doing it despite me she lets the camel sniff Mia. Mia smiled. She smiled her first smile. Everyone laughed. I knew Mia was going to be an animal lover like her mum. Kiera on the other hand was fast asleep. We cook the BBQ. In the end we say some emotional goodbyes. We might not be back down for a while. The girls will be past the easy stage soon but we decided we would try to come every month. Next time would just be Tristan and I with the girls though. WE go out for tea at an all you can eat restaurant. We take Madison (who was 6), Ryan, Toby and all our kids. There were 3 adults, 4 kids, a toddler, 2 babies and me. Then we drop the boy’s home. Madison stays with us for the night. Em was driving through early the next morning so it was easier for her to get her before we left then us drive an hour and half to drop her off that night. We set up so everyone has a bed then we go to sleep. Next morning we get up early and pack everything. We make the kids pancakes for breakfast. We needed to use the milk. Then Em got Madison. We payed for the rest of the motel and underground parking and we left.

- - - - - - - - - - -

4 hours later we were home.

We do the shopping then return the van to Dontelle’s mum.

A week later I had my doctors appointment. I hadn’t had any more attacks. The doctor said it was just a temporary stress thing and I would be fine.

Today the girls turn 6 months. They have started babbling away and Kiera even turns. Lately it’s become obvious how behind Mia is. The doctors actually assess Mia from when she was due and Kiera from when she was born. Mia is classed as a premature baby, really Kiera should be too but she is developing perfectly compared to an average 6 month old. So in the doctor eyes one of my twins is 6 months old and the other 5 months old. Mia is still very little. She isn’t skinny she is petite though and small. Kiera is a chubba bubba and she is tall. So the twins were very different even though they looked identical. We have this game we play were Tristan or I makes animal sounds at the girls and they try to make them back, but it just comes out as babbles. We had discovered that although Mia is “behind” in her size she is smart, very smart, mentally she is more advanced then KiKi. She takes after me. They can now sit up in their highchairs and they are both teething. It’s terrible. Kiera is just about to have her first tooth come threw and we noticed that morning that MiMi had rosy red cheeks so we checked her gums and she has hers coming threw. They both eat puréed foods. Every night they get a bowl of mashed veggies and for breakfast some puréed fruits, custards, yoghurts things like that as well as their bottles. KiKi even has cereal sometimes. But Mia isn’t taking to cereals. The girls were doing great. Kiera can roll over from her back to front on her right side but we are still waiting for left, Mia hasn’t done a roo yet but she’s trying and getting close. So since it was the girls we decided to go house searching to celebrate. We had decided that we were ready to live on our own. I was now 15. I actually missed my birthday. Luckily Tristan and Dontelle didn’t. We went out for lunch and they made me a cake. Lots of people posted happy birthday but it wasn’t anything big. But as I was 15 and the girls were 6 months it was time to find our own place. How weird? It’s not everyday a 15 year old decides that because she’s 15 she needs a house to herself. But the girls were growing fast and we were doing all right with both of them so we all decided we were ready.

So Tristan packed the car that morning. It was my car. Everyone had pitched in to buy me my first car for my 15th. I obviously couldn’t drive it yet but it meant we had a really nice car for the girls. We were doing amazing. People always expect us to have cheap cars and the girls to live in a low class house but we give them the best of everything. We don’t have a lot of money at all. But I work 8 hours every Saturday after tutoring and Tristan gets money from Centrelink as well as my money and the girls payments and we tried to get everything that we could that was good for the girls and everyone new that. That’s why they bought me my fancy SUV. We put the girls in their seats. Now that they were 6monthes and we had this new car instead of Tristan’s Ute we bought car seat that could stay in the car instead of the girls capsules. So we carry them out and out them in their seats. Then I call the Realtor to organise were we would meet. We weren’t going to buy a house we were just going to rent one for now. We go searching for places with our realtor. We sore a few places we liked but there was one in particular that we could have moved into on the spot. We loved it. It had land for animals, a long-term contract, ponds, and lots of rooms. It was perfect. It was 2 story but our rooms would be upstairs while the girls were young then we could move to the room downstairs. It was 4 bedrooms so a room for the girls, a playroom, a spare and our rooms then a room each, our room and a guest or study. It was also rent to buy so we grabbed it right then on the spot. This was our house for sure. It was perfect. We signed the contract without a second thought. Then we paid the bond. It had been on the market for a few months so it was all packed up and we were free to move in over the next two weeks. WE went out for lunch and to do our shopping. We only need a few pieces like nappies and formula. Then we went home and I called mum.

“Hey.”

“Hey, How’ve you been? Haven’t heard from you in a while. Is everything ok?”

“Yea we are fantastic actually. You?”

“We are all good. Ryan will talk to you soon. Has Kiera don her full roll yet?”

“No she still can only get over on the right side but she’s getting there. Mia on the other hand is really close to doing her fist belly roll.”

“Oh good on her.”

“Guess what?”

“What?”

“We got a house!”

“What?”

“We just signed the contract and payed the bond on a house we can move in ASAP!”

“Well done. What’s it like?”

“Its 4 bedrooms, 2 stories. Has land and ponds. A nice veranda and heaps of space. Plus it’s quite isolated so it’s peaceful.”

“Wow. Good job. Send me some pictures when you can. Ryan will be happy that he can come stay with you now.”

“I know.”

I spoke to Ryan and Toby then hung up. I put a post on Facebook.

“Happy 6 months my two precious angels. Only 6 more and you will be in the digits baby girls. To celebrate Mum, Dad, KiKi and MiMi went house hunting! We found our perfect house and move in ASAP! Photos soon.”