19

"To many damn people over here." Harlem says mugging everybody. His mama Sam was in town visiting and it was a surprise. Lee loved her grandma and so did mason. Sam was mason's best friend despite the age difference. She visitEd her every time she got the chance.

"Shut yo long neck ass up. I came to see my grand babies. Where is amir ?"

"Somewhere crying." Harlem says he looks around to see an unfamiliar face.

"Who you ? You ain't Alonzo."

"I'm right here." Zo said rubbing his eyes coming out of lees room. Steven glares at him because he didn't know he was here nor did he know they were back on good terms.

"I'm Steven lees... friend."
He said not knowing what they were right now.

"Oh I like Alonzo better. You know -" Lee cuts her reckless father off before she started something between the two. Alonzo was itching to punch Steven he just needed a reason. Maybe he didn't though.

"Daddy stop it." Lee said crossing her arms.

"No I do like Alonzo better. He might be a fuck nigga sometimes but u don't know it's some bout him he didn't like." He said referring to Steven. Steven was mad at this point.

"No baby. He's just a little messed up in the head baby. Hi I'm mason lees mom." Mason says smiling up at Steven. Steven gave a smile to him. Harlem and Alonzo both looked at each other.

"We gotta get rid of this nigga." Harlem whispered to Zo. Zo shook his head saying yes. Lee glares at the two and they do a fake smile at her.

"Y'all need to stop." She says whispering to the two of them.

"We not even doing none." They both say. Sam comes over and whispers to the two boys.

"We gotta get rid of him." She says whispering to Zo and Harlem. Lee gasp.

"Grandma!" She turns around and hugs her.

"Ahh baby. I was in talking about the... cat." She said just thinking of the first thing that came to her head.

"We don't have a cat... you don't even know Alonzo how you gone pick him." She said crossing her arms at her crazy ass grandma.

"Yes I do. My baby added me on Facebook and we be messaging. He knew I was coming didn't you Zo." He smiles and hugs her.

"So you secret friends with my grandma now ?" Lee said mugging him.

"You better leave my baby alone."sam said hugging him.

Steven was standing there looking awkward. He didn't like this. Everybody seemed all about Alonzo and no one seemed to like him for no reason.

"I'm sorry Steven. They're really closed off. It takes time to warm up to people. Zo been here for a while." Mason said rubbing his back.

"So Alonzo and Lee ? Are they like..-"

"Well uh no.i don't know. Look lee likes you. She's just -" Lee cuts her off hugging Steven.

"I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. My grandma is crazy." She said laughing a little.

"It's okay I just feel out of place here. I don't think your family likes me much at all." He says laughing lee frowns.

"They just have to warm up to you that's all." She said smiling at him. Harlem and Alonzo are starting at him while talking.

"Why is he here ? I thought y'all wasn't friends anymore." He said staring at her then them.

"Well I decide to just be friends with him don't worry it's none going on. I like you and my attentions on you." Lee said smiling at him.

"Okay I believe you." He said hugging her. He looks at Alonzo to see him mugging him and looks at her dad to see him doing the same.

"He's nice but he has to go." Mason says whispering to the two of them. They both busted out laughing.

"Get yo fake ass on." Harlem says Zo just laughs with him because it was true.

•••

Not edited