Baby Shower

Chapter Twenty-Two... Baby Shower

Week Thirty-Four.

With only six weeks to go until Bailey's due date, today was the day that my baby shower would be held. My amazing best friend Larissa teamed up with my favourite little sister Emily and had planned an elaborate shower, inviting friends from school I hadn't seen since our final day! My family were coming, too.

I couldn't wait to see my cousins that I hadn't seen in years.

"Wow, Emily picked the balloons, didn't she?" Alecia smiled as she walked inside, rubbing her now definite baby bump. "Crazy, alright. When it's time for my baby shower, Emmy is totally hired."

"We'll recycle the balloons, yeah?" I chuckled. "And paint them pink."

"Oh, I'll buy new balloons if Emily blows them up," she laughed. "Baby Serena... I think it's still sinking in even though she wriggles all the time."

"So it's definitely a girl, then?" I asked, remembering the phone call we'd gotten from an ecstatic Alecia just the day before.

"Well, they can't say for sure, but they're pretty certain," she beamed.

"And you're naming her Serena?" Emily asked, entering the room. "Like cousin Serena, Bec."

"You have a cousin named Serena?" Alecia asked.

"Yeah, she's the same age as the twins," I recalled. "I haven't seen her for so long, since Uncle Nathan and Aunt Rachel moved to Texas a couple of years ago."

"Wow," Alecia frowned. "Maybe I should consider other names, but..."

"Don't change her name!" Emily cried. "People have lots of names the same! I know three other Emily's from school alone! And they're around my age, too!"

"I'll think about it," Alecia sighed.

"Okay," Emily gasped in relief. "Umm, Becca? Mom's looking for you. She said that she needs you to do something while she picks up Aunt Rachel and Serena from the bus station, and Aunt Jenna's here, too."

"Okay, Em, thanks," I grinned, hugging her. "Bailey is gonna love his Aunty Em, now, isn't he?"

"Totally," she chuckled. "It's because I'm awesome."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I laughed, walking into the kitchen.

It had been so long since I'd seen my Aunt Jenna, so very long, But she still looked the same, a bright smile on her face as she talked to my mom, who happened to be her little sister.

"Rosie, I'm telling you!" Jenna grinned, face alight with admiration. "You are going to be a super awesome grandmother! Mom was totally stunned when you told her that little Becca's gonna be a mom herself, but she's excited too."

"I still can't believe Becca's due in six weeks," mom admitted. "I mean, I feel so old now!"

"You didn't feel old when you gave birth to your eighth child?" Jenna raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, but this is different, Jen," mom sighed. "I mean I am so happy, and so proud of Bec, but it's still hectic. I mean, one minute they were getting married, the next she was pregnant and they did actually get married! It just went so quick."

"Rose, it doesn't seem familiar to you?" Jenna questioned, frowning. "You were sixteen when she was born. You got married before she was even born, and now she's doing the same thing, only she'd actually finished high school before she got pregnant."