A Not-So-Sweet Sixteenth

Chapter Fifteen... A Not-So-Sweet Sixteenth

Week Sixteen.

Ironically, my sixteenth week of pregnancy fell in the same week as my sister Addison's sweet sixteenth birthday. All I'd heard for a week was how she'd be sixteen. It wasn't really that great. I could remember being sixteen, and wishing I was eighteen. Now I was nineteen, and I honestly couldn't be happier. My life was amazing, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The baby had started making little movements, and the feeling was the most beautiful yet the most indescribable feeling in the world. Every time I felt movement, I smiled. It was so... so amazing. Noah was a little jealous that he couldn't feel it kick yet, but I hoped that when it started kicking Noah would be there, just so he could feel it too.

"Still can't believe I'm going to be an aunty," Lily grinned as she sat next to me on the lounge. After a huge fight with Addy two nights ago, Lily had ran off and come to our house. I'd welcomed her in of course, and she was quite a good house guest. Mom wanted her back home, however, but Lily wasn't keen.

"You can babysit for me whenever you want," I told her, knowing that she was great with kids. "My baby's gonna love its amazing Aunt Lily."

"Yay!" Lily beamed.

"But... you will have to go back home soon," I said, sighing.

"Why?" Lily frowned. "I don't want to live in the same house as that little brat! We used to be so close, Becca. But now? It's like she doesn't even care about anybody but herself."

"I know, Lil," I frowned. "Trust me, she's changed. And it's so not for the better."

"One day she's going to do something that's going to really hurt mom, and you know what? I won't be taking Addy's side on it."

"Lil, she's already done something that's going to hurt mom if she ever finds out," I sighed. "She's a troublemaker, alright. Attention-seeking. That's all it is."

"I don't wanna go home if she's there, Becca. I can't live with her. None of us can. Mom and dad got into a fight over her last week, and they never fight. She won't babysit the twins and Emmy, and the other day, she threw a punch at Ethan! Zane tackled her from behind, and she tried to bite him. What's happened to her? I miss my big sister."

"I miss her, too, Lily. I really do, but I don't know what to do."

"What did she do that will hurt mom?" Lily asked thoughtfully.

"Something that every teenage girl does when she's got a boyfriend."

"Ohh... That."

"Yeah. Mom's already asked me if she's done it, and I lied. I should've told her, but I didn't. I lied, and I hate lying."

"You were protecting Addy."

"Trying to, anyway. I think she's beyond help. Only Addy can bring herself out of her troublesome ways."

"Well, that sucks," Lily sighed.

"Oh, it so does!" I agreed. "But we just have to sit back and wait until she does something that really messes with her, and brings her to her senses."

Lily sat silently for a moment. Then she turned to me.

"Kyle's not a nice guy," she stated. "He smokes, he drinks, and he crashed his sister's car when he was my age because he's a loser. She's gonna get hurt by him."