Making Plans

Chapter Six... Making Plans

The time that my family had spent in Canada had been the longest ten days of my life. Or was it nine days...? Anyway, I missed them so much. But I had been studying, doing exams and spending a lot of time with my fiance.

Fiance. Woah.

I did love being engaged. But I was definitely more excited for my marriage to Noah. Then I would be known as Rebecca Prescott, Noah's wife. The more I thought that in my head, the more excited I got. Our wedding would be in six months, that was the first part of my plan.

"Six months?" Mom questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"What? We're keen," I smiled. "I can't wait to be married to Noah, mom."

"I have no doubt about that," she chuckled.

"Yes, then you won't live here anymore," Addy smiled. Ever since the trip to Canada, Addy had been a much less moody person. Pretty sure that all she ever needed was a decent break from her own reality.

"You'll miss me, Addy," I grinned.

"And I know that I can always visit you, blah, blah..." she trailed off as she raided the fruit bowl. "Mom, Alecia's coming over soon. We're totally gonna be the best bridesmaids at your wedding. Rissa will look second best, even as your maid of honour."

"As long as you don't ruin my wedding..." I frowned.

"Are you kidding?" Addy grinned. "Leesh and I are so totally keen for you to come back from your honeymoon pregnant! We want to be aunties!"

"Ease up, Addison," mom warned, looking wary.

"We are not having a honeymoon baby, Addy," I sighed. "Well, at least I don't think that's the plan. We just want... we wanna be a married couple for at least a few months first."

"Sure, sure," Addy chuckled. "You're gonna have a boy, and he's gonna be cute, and I'll spoil him to bits because I can."

"Okay, I don't need to hear you discuss my future grandchildren..." mom muttered, leaving the kitchen.

"I think she's a bit worried you really will have a baby in the next year," Addy laughed.

"No, she's just worried about me growing up too quickly and regretting my decisions," I sighed. "Or being exactly like her."

"But you're not," Addy frowned. "You're not mom, Bec."

"I know that," I said sharply. "I don't know. I guess it's hard for her, knowing that eighteen years ago she was a sixteen year old mother who was just learning what it was like having a baby in the house. I don't think she wants me to have kids so young..."

"Eighteen is how old mom was when she was pregnant with me," she shrugged.

"Yeah," I breathed.

Guess my mom found it harder to see me growing up than I thought. She'd always supported me, no matter what choices in life I made. When I decided not to go to college, she was on my side. Many others weren't, Addy included. She felt I was giving my future away because I idolised mom too much. It was hard, not having the support of a family member.

So I'd decided I wanted a family over a career? Big deal. I didn't see a problem. Not everybody can be a career person. And I would work between finishing school and the birth of my first child anyway. It wasn't like I was going to totally sit around and do nothing all day.