Love...

Chapter Five... Love

Noah knelt on the floor in front of me, and asked me to marry him. Noah Prescott, the boy I had fallen in love with years ago, was asking me to be his wife.

I was so nervous, I couldn't open my mouth to respond.

He must be thinking I hate the idea... But maybe not. The smile had not worn off of his perfect face, so he must have been expecting my response to be something just like this. Still, I just wanted my mouth to form the word I was dying to say.

Instead, I started nodding.

"Bec, are you okay?" Noah asked, laughing.

"Huh?" I managed to breathe.

"I took you by surprise, I can tell," he chuckled. "Look, I'm sorry. I just know how much you love being surprised by life, and hate planning, so I thought I'd just randomly do it one day."

"Yes," I managed to say.

"Are you... are you saying yes to marrying me?" he questioned, looking a bit confused.

"Yes," I repeated. "I'm sorry. You startled me for sure. But Noah, I love you, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Really?" he looked almost shocked.

"Yes!" I said once again, pulling him to his feet. He grabbed me and held me tight in excitement, pressing his lips to mine.

I couldn't then contain my own excitement.

"We're gonna get married!" I squealed.

"I know!" he grinned. "I know!"

I was so happy. I couldn't believe that Noah and I were officially engaged. Well, almost. I didn't have a ring, but that didn't matter to me.

"Oh, I do have a ring for you," Noah said suddenly. Woah... it was almost like he'd read my mind then...

"You do?" I asked.

"It's at my house," he smiled. "You'll love it."

"Yay," I chuckled.

Okay, so I did have a ring apparently.

I couldn't wait to start planning my wedding. It would take a long time, too. My family was fairly large, but Noah's dad was an only child, and his mom only has a sister, so he's only got five cousins. Seems odd, since I have so many more than that...

My Aunt Jenna and Uncle Dane have four... Ella, Wyatt, Reece and Aimee. Then there's Uncle Nathan and Aunt Rachel, who have three... Ryder, Serena and Aaron. My Uncle Adam and Aunt Camille have three as well... twins Samantha and Nicholas, and then baby Erin. And that's only on my mom's side!

On my father's side, it's not as many. My late Uncle Lance, along with my Aunt Cassie who I rarely see since she remarried and moved away, had three children together, Alexander, Natalie and Ashton. Seems weird, since Alexander's the same age as the triplets... Of course you can't forget my crazy Aunt Sarah, who isn't totally crazy but she's definitely wild. Anyway, she and Uncle Derek have four kids... Bradley, Anna, Matthew and Sophia.