Week Twelve

Chapter Thirteen... Week Twelve

Five weeks after moving out of home and in with Noah, we were finally getting our lives into order. It had been difficult, with my constant nausea and sickness landing me in hospital briefly a couple of times. At one point, I'd been that sick I ended up dehydrated, and I was stuck in hospital overnight, mom by my side the entire time.

But in the last couple of days, the sickness had eased a bit, at least to the point where some food would stay down. And I could even keep water down, preventing me from becoming dehydrated once again. It wasn't something I cared to go through again.

I was at mom's today, because Noah was at work, my house was spotless, and I was bored.

"You look better today," mom complimented. "Does this mean I'm not going to have to make you a permanent resident of the hospital?"

"I hope so," I chuckled. "Nothing I hate worse than being sick."

"Good," she laughed. "You definitely had me worried. Just like your sister."

"Which sister?" I asked, frowning.

"Addison," mom sighed. "You don't know anything about your sister's sudden bout of rebellion, do you?"

"No," I lied quickly.

"Damn," mom breathed. "I thought that maybe you'd know something."

"Addy doesn't tell me things, mom," I sighed. "She tells Lily stuff. Maybe you should ask her? You're more likely to get an answer out of her."

"Doubtful. I already asked Lily, and she didn't know anything. Addy's been hanging around with that troublesome Kyle, and I can't stop her. I don't trust him, Becca. I don't trust him at all. I'm afraid she'll do something really stupid with him, and get herself into trouble."

"Mom, Addy's smarter than that. I don't think she would do anything too stupid..."

"If she starts having sex with him, I'll kill her," mom said bitterly.

I cringed. I happened to know for a fact that Addy had already started sleeping with Kyle, and it was only a matter of time before mom found out. And with Addy due to turn sixteen in just a month, mom would be constantly thinking that she'd be possibly getting herself into trouble.

"Mom, calm down," I said softly, noticing that she was stressing about it. "If she does, you can't exactly stop her. And if she does, hopefully she's smart about it. She knows what happened to you at that age, mom."

"If I could've stopped you..." mom trailed off.

"I'm guessing the idea of their children growing up is very daunting to a parent," I muttered. "But, mom, we are all growing up. And if it's not Kyle, it will be somebody else." I felt so guilty hiding something from mom like this, but I couldn't tell her.

"You have all that to look forward to," mom said dryly. "I have six daughters, and one of them is pregnant and married. Imagine how I feel! Plus two sons, but that's up to their father..."

"Did you try the sex talk on Addy?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.

"Yeah, but do you think that will stop her?" mom frowned. "She's my wild child, there's no doubt about that. You were an angel, in comparison. Plus you've always had Noah to keep you sensible. I think that's why you skipped over the teen rebellion that's plaguing your sister. Addison's just... she's getting out of control."