A Wedding To Remember

Chapter Nine... A Wedding To Remember

Nothing worse than severe morning sickness hitting you in the sixth week of your pregnancy.

Before that, I hadn't suffered any sickness at all. It had been bliss, but then all of a sudden I was too sick to even get out of bed. And what made matters worse, I was in the midst of planning my wedding, and Noah had been visiting his aunt and uncle in Boca, so he wasn't around to look after me.

However, my mom was.

"This sucks!" I whined the morning of the day before my wedding. "Why do I have to be so sick? I had so better be better by tomorrow!"

"Becca, relax," mom chuckled. "When I was pregnant with you, I was really sick, too. But it goes away... eventually."

"Oh, and that makes me feel so much better!" I snapped.

"And nice to see those pregnancy hormones have set in, too," mom muttered.

"I'm not hormonal," I argued.

"Please, don't argue with me, Bec," mom sighed. "I've just worked a twelve hour shift with what were probably the most difficult and uncooperative patients I've ever encounted. Don't make this hard for me, too."

"Sorry," I whispered. "I just thought this would be easier. And Noah doesn't get back until tonight... And the wedding is tomorrow! Mom, how am I going to do this?!"

"You need to calm down, or you'll stress out the baby, too," mom frowned. "So lay down, and I don't want to see you out of bed unless it's to the bathroom."

"Well, I might as well lay down on the bathroom floor, then," I sighed.

"I always thought you'd handle this really well," mom stated. "Just relax, stop whining and we'll finish sorting everything for your wedding tomorrow. The girls can have the day from school. The boys... well, they need school. Their grades aren't too great at the moment. But we'll fix it all, honey. You just concentrate on keeping that grandchild of mine happy and safe, alright."

"Fine," I muttered.

I know she was only looking out for me. But this was the worst sick feeling I'd ever had. I hadn't expected morning sickness to bring me down, especially the day before I married the man of my dreams.

Excitement filled me as I thought about the wedding. Until... I was once again running to the bathroom.

Luckily soon enough sleep came over me, and I realised that being so sick had exhausted me. I fell into a deep sleep, smiling.

But I wouldn't stay that way.

In my dream I was walking down a lonely highway. I had no idea where this road was, but I turned to look behind me. My car was crashed into a telegraph pole, all crumpled up. I instantly wondered why I was wandering alone down this strange road, why I was walking away from my car. I felt a pain in my stomach, so I placed my hand over it.

Except my stomach was a huge bump.

Looking down in shock, I realised that I was pregnant. Not surprising, given that in reality I was. But still, the dream seemed eerie. I decided to walk back towards the car, and found Noah laying on the ground beside it, just glaring at the sky. When I walked past he didn't flinch.