One Happy Bride

Chapter Ten... One Happy Bride

Noah and I had said our vowels, and then we'd promised to stay together forever. I barely remembered the entire experience, the only thought on my mind was kissing Noah. When the priest said you may now kiss the bride, I found myself kissing Noah before he could even move.

I let go, giggling.

"I'm sorry," I chuckled.

"Bec, don't be," he laughed, and I noticed the audience laughed along with us.

"This is totally humiliating," I blushed.

"No, it's cute," Noah grinned. "My turn now?"

"To what?" I questioned.

Noah didn't answer as he gently pressed his lips to mine. I could feel the love rising in me, the urgency. Noah was my dream, and my dream was coming true.

Everyone applauded as Noah and I were officially married. We walked down the aisle as the crowd around us continued to clap and cheer. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face as I thought about how my future was coming into play.

***

After an hour of taking thousands of photos by the lake, with several different poses and what not, we finally arrived at our own reception. Everybody was already there, and standing outside the doors we could hear the excited chatter and laughter that greeted us. Noah turned to me, grinning.

"We're married," he said, still smiling.

"I know," I breathed, grinning back. "I can't believe we just got married."

"Are you guys ready to go in and celebrate?" my dad asked, walking up behind us. "The rest of the wedding party are inside, and now it's your turn."

"Let's go," I said, taking Noah's hand.

"Yes," he said, squeezing my hand, and lifting it to his lips. He softly kissed it, and my father walked inside the door ahead of us.

"Everybody, let's welcome Mr and Mrs Prescott to the dance floor!" a voice called, and Noah pulled me inside.

The glittering fairy lights caught my eye first. Clear and sparkly, they matched the pink and white theme perfectly. Frangipanis were scattered across the tables where our guests sat excitedly, cheering us on. Every seat was full, except the two at the back of the dance floor, reserved for both Noah and I. My wedding party sat at that table, all grinning.

"Wow!" I gasped in disbelief. "It's gorgeous in here!"

"I know!" Noah exclaimed. "I knew you'd love it!"

"Oh, you'd seen this already?" I asked him. "It's all surprises to me, but you've seen everything! Jealous!"

"Yes, but the bride is supposed to get the most surprises," he chuckled. "And your mom wanted everything to go perfect for her eldest daughter who was eighteen, pregnant and getting married. And I was all too happy to make sure that you were surprised."

"Oh, you teamed up with my mom again?" I questioned, laughing. "I suppose I should get used to this arrangement, yeah?"

"Definitely," he grinned.