(48) Are you willing to let me get you wet?

➵ f o u r t y  e i g h t 

I love when sleeping becomes a simple thing. It projects the word within itself, not through a job or verdict. 

I love when sleeping doesn’t involve thoughts of the next day or the day before. The beauty conquers itself when the eyes flood open in realization of a peaceful sleep. 

Although, the complete opposite is taking place this moment, not that I’m complaining. 

I’m rested between Ashton’s legs, surrounded by his warm embrace as his arms lay folded over my chest. 

We’ve been in this position for the past hour, now making it four in the early morning. Sleep hadn’t conquered our eyes and tiredness hasn’t shown any hint, so it’s all good as of now.

Both our legs bare and touching each other, our skin warm and soft against one another’s. I feel his hot breathe over my ear as his arms hold me, the silence taking over us for a few moments. 

“I don’t want the sun to come up,” I mutter, breaking the silence of the moonlight filled room. 

“Why’s that?” his husky voice replies, hitting my cheek with his hot breath as the words escape his lips. 

“I just wanna sit here for like ten years and only get up to order a pizza or some grill,” I moan tiredly, earning a chuckle from him.

“What, you just wanna eat and sit in bed all day? I can’t believe you,” he huffs, “how about bathroom business?” 

“I don’t think you’d mind me getting your bed wet, Irwin,” I smirk.

“Princess,” he warns, “do me a favour and watch that pretty little mouth of yours before I completely lose it,” he jokes, tightening his grip around me.

I sigh out, my eyes still wide awake and unable to remotely shut down. I drag my hands up to his, taking his right hand in both of mine playing with his fingers. 

“I wanna ask you something,” I begin, hesitant at first. My hands keep playing with his, driving his fingers around mine and caressing the skin. 

“Go ahead,” he urges. 

“Do you regret taking this year off college? Like, do you think if you would have gone, it would’ve been better?” I inquire, curious to find out his answer.

“Well,” he begins, “I met you, didn’t I?” he chuckles, “so no, I do not regret taking this year off,” his hand takes mine in his, holding it to our sides, “nor do I regret following my physical therapist’s words and going out for a run those mornings,” I hear a smile in his voice, making me pop a smile as well.

“Why are you asking all of a sudden?” he projects, “is everything okay?” 

“Yeah, yeah,” I assure, “I just wanted to know,” I smile.

“How about you? Are you thinking about applying anywhere?” he wraps his arms around my shoulders once again, rocking us side to side as I let the question run through my mind.

“Actually, I’ve already sent out my letters, they should be back in a month or two, maybe,” I guess.  

“Really? Where have you applied to?” he asks. I feel a choke coming up his throat, making his words audibly challenging. 

“Ash, I don’t feel like talking about this, I’ll worry about it when it’s time,” I object. I really don’t like speaking of college, the thought of it alone terrified me now since it’s becoming a reality, “we have the whole summer to ourselves, I’ll worry about college when college comes.”