(16) Are you just saying that so I could kiss you?

s i x t e e n

Ashton's lips are still relaxed on my neck as I lean towards him, both of us bending on the couch. We've been sitting like this for about an hour, no words being exchanged. Every few minutes, I feel his arms shuffle around just to touch my bare waist, and I feel his lips leaving soft kisses whenever he moves or sighs. 

I find myself comfortable on his lap, my legs on each side of his waist. Ashton's embrace somehow makes me feel safe. It makes me feel as if he's silently protecting me, watching over me. My new favorite place to be, is in this asshole's arms. 

A few more seconds of silence pass by before I decide to speak. "Ashton," I provoke, my voice a little above a whisper. "you're not an asshole." I trace my fingers on his chest, shifting in my position.

I feel his chuckle vibrate from his chest while he sits up, dragging me with him. "I'm not?" he mocks. He brings his face to mine, dragging his hands to my hair and swaying it behind my shoulders. "I thought I was." he whispers, looking up at me.

His lips are so close to mine, and his eyes are looking brighter than ever. I feel a loss of words for a moment before I could reply. I bring my fingers to hold his chin, tapping them with a smile. "Well, I changed my mind." I whisper on his lips.

"Are you just saying that so I could kiss you?" he whispers back, letting his hands flop on my waist once again, this time hugging it so close, letting my waist come in contact with his stomach as his arms hold us together. My lips never leave alignment with his, making me crave him even more. He licks his lips before bringing them even closer to mine. At this point, if either of us does as much a small movement, our lips would be attached. 

"Kiss me, Liz." he whispers. I feel his words coming into my mouth, making me dizzier by the second. "Come on, just bring your lips closer. Kiss me." he smirks.

"No," I argue. "you kiss me."

"I'm not kissing you until you kiss me and I know how fucking bad you want me to." he laughs, making his lips brush just a little over mine.

Ashton's arms are still supporting my waist and I feel his hands making circles on my bare skin alongside my waist. I shiver at his touch, trying not move. Because god knows if I do, this night won't be ending with just a kiss. 

"I really fucking want to." I admit, chuckling to myself. I let my hands move from his jaw and circle around his neck, playing with the hairs that fall at my reach.

"Then do it." he encourages. "I'm all yours, just kiss me." his glossy eyes look up at mine while he pouts his lips, making it extremely difficult to resist him. Still, he's a fucking asshole and I'm not kissing him first.

"I fucking hate you, Ashton." I smile sarcastically. 

My emotions are running all over the place. I can only take so much touching, especially it being from Ashton. There's something about the way he does everything, it drives me nuts. Once again though, with every thought I have of him regarding mine and his lips, Tyler pops into my mind to warn me about how much I don't know him.

Nevertheless; I do, I do know him. I know that he's always happy and I've studied the smile that comes with it. I know that when I sleep beside him, my heart beats so fast then it stops all at once for a split second. I know that he's not an asshole but I can't keep myself from calling him one. I know that he runs to have peace and that he eats to taste and not to fill, that he listens to music to relax and that he takes naps because he watched a documentary on that also.

I know that he keeps his shoes neat but his clothes scattered. I know that he likes his water with ice, and nothing more. I know that talking to him late at night makes me want to hug him and stay with him. I also know that time doesn't really matter when you have Ashton Irwin offering you his lips at full, those sweet looking lips.

"You can be a bitch sometimes, Liz." he states. "This is one of those times." 

I throw my head back away from his lips and huff loudly before getting off his lap, only to have him drag me back. "What, are you mad?" he raises his eyebrow, a smoldering look taking over his face.

"Ugh, of you?" I jest.

"Yeah, me. Who else then? Is there anyone else?" he inquires.

"What do you mean anyone else, who are you to me anyway for there to be 'someone else'?" I mock, throwing my hands around his neck loosely to support my weight.

"Maybe if you'd kissed me you'd know." he smirks.

"All I know I'd know that you're still an asshole." I smile sarcastically.

Giving me no space to talk or respond, Ashton lifts me to the side and stands up, grabbing his phone. I watch him in question. "What, you're just leaving?" I demand.

"Yeah, I got stuff to do." he says, obviously making it up on the spot. He stands in front of me, shoving his phone in his back pocket and fixing his now messy hair. I watch his actions as I criss cross my legs, putting my arms in between together. 

"What stuff do you have to do? It's like three in the morning, Ashton." 

He sighs to himself with a smile evident on his face. Ashton comes closer to the couch and leans his hands around my position, his face lining up with mine. "Are you telling me you want me to stay?" he implores, cocking his head upwards.

I keep a straight face, thinking to myself. "No, you can leave." I respond.

"Okay then." he whispers, leaving a kiss on my cheek before he fully stands up. "See you around, princess." he smiles, exiting my room door as quietly as he can.

I can't find a word to express how much of a fucking idiot I am. But, who knows? It might happen again, it might happen soon, it might also never happen. 

Tonight I fall asleep thinking of his scent and his lips, I fall asleep thinking of the moonlight rushing over us while we lay together, I fall asleep thinking of him, and only him.

✖ ✖ ✖

// an //

but guys when are they gonna fucking kiss huh am i right ladies should they kiss or should they yell at each other tell meeeeeeeeeee i wanna know what you're thinking okayy

also i'm so close to 1k on this!!!! please share and shit ok i love you

don't forget to vote to let me know if you want another chapter and comment through out the chapters!

if you want me to read your story or anything just leave it in the comments, i don't mind and i will check it out as soon as i can + vote, comment, and stuff if i can :)

song of the chapter: eminem // lose yourself

twitter: @shakestbh

instagram: @shakestbh

personal ig: @shakesalw

snapchat: shakesalw

stay fresh, stay hot, see you soon.

- shakes ♕