(38) Are you saying what I think you're saying?

➵ t h i r t y  e i g h t 

Ashton and I keep talking for a good half hour before all takes into quietness. It’s a comfortable kind of quiet, yet I both know that we’re wrecking our heads off thinking about what just happened. 

You know how there's always that feeling you get whenever you hear the microwave ring when your food's ready? That's how it feels like when I'm with Ashton. It's like a non-stop alarm telling me that my food is hot and ready to be swallowed into the very pits of my stomach. Incredible, just wow. 

We switch positions, Ashton now leans against the hood of his car with his legs separated for me to fit in between them, facing him. His hands haven’t left my body the moment he put them on. Whatever he’s doing, he finds a way to touch me. Like how his arms keep rubbing my waist and playing with my shorts the entire time we talk.  

“I don’t understand you, Ashton.” I confess. 

“What do you mean?” his eyebrows furrow in confusion. 

“You’re a closed book. I feel like I’m never gonna get to know you the way I want to,” I shrug. “I don’t want you to feel like you have to lie to me about whatever’s going on. If I didn’t walk out that last time we came here, what makes you think I would, now?” my hand moves to his chest, tracing soft patterns as I feel his breaths increase. 

He stays silent, his eyes wandering to his feet. Yet again, he proves me right.

“See, this is what I mean!” I exclaim loudly, “one minute you’re kissing me like you’re gonna fucking die and the next you can’t even put your eyes in mine and talk to me!” I shout.

His face shoots up, a mixture of anger and misjudgment in his eyes. “If you actually think for a second I would lie to you about anything then you’re out of your mind. The only reason I would lie is to protect you, I think you know me well enough to know that by now.” he scoffs. 

“That’s the fucking problem, you’re not letting me.” I mutter.

“Alright,” he grabs my waist, catching me by surprise. His arms tighten around me as he leans back into the car. He cocks his head up, letting his golden hair fall back onto his forehead.

“You are the only person I’ve let myself wake up to, and somehow you’re the only person I fall asleep to. If that doesn’t tell you something, I don’t know what will.” he smiles, a sigh escaping his lips, “princess, we have all the time in the world. Trust me when I say you’re not getting away from me, cause it’s extremely rare you come across a girl willing to take a bullet for you.” his hands cup my cheeks, popping out those dimples of his and flashing his teeth into a smile. “let’s take it day by day, okay?” 

“Well it’s extremely rare to come across a sweet asshole so you know,” I shrug. 

“I’m not gonna make fun of you for that sentence just because I know you’d punch me in the dick if I do,” he chuckles, leaning up to place a kiss on my cheek, “speaking of my dick, I had to think about aliens to calm it the fuck down, thanks to you.” he smirks. 

My cheeks blush at his comment, referring to earlier. I can’t believe that happened. It’s Ashton. He’s an asshole. "I wouldn't have minded helping." I smirk. 

"Trust me, if I wanted you to, you'd be waking up with a sore jaw." he bites his lip, driving unnecessary thoughts into my head. I chuckle at his comment, although it's very clear that he wasn't even the slightest big joking.

I let my face fall into the comfort of his neck, letting out a breath I didn’t know I was holding in. “Ash,” I mutter.

“Yeah?”