(33) Are you getting that heart drop feeling?

➵ t h i r t y  t h r e e 

The quietness of the car is making uncomfortable in the worst way possible. Ashton's lips still hadn't muttered a word to me after my assert earlier, which in fact, I do feel like a bitch about, but it's true. We never really started, and I don't need to deal with lies, secrets, and deception when I have just enough of that without his addition. 

I debate once or twice on saying something back, but I stay quiet, not wanting to upset him even more. He seems to be in deep thought, his jaw is clenched and I've never seen him grab as tightly to anything as he is with the steering wheel. I see him shake his head a few times, his eyes never meet mine though, nor do they glance anywhere but the road in front of him. 

Confused, I turn to him when he stops at his house, killing the engine of his car. I kind of got the idea that he was dropping me home and never talking to me again, but this works too, since my mom won't be expecting me home tonight and if I do show up, she'll know something went wrong with Ally. He acts as if I'm not there, shutting the door to his car and walking up to the front door. I follow his movement further behind, not wanting to jumble up in his personal space. 

We walk into the house and still, no words leave his mouth. We pass the empty kitchen and go up the stairs to his room. He closes the door behind us and immediately heads to the bathroom, taking his shirt off on the way. I hear him sigh loudly before the water starts pouring in the sink. I settle myself down on his sofa, feeling uncomfortable with myself. It's almost annoying how he ended up being the mad one when all this wouldn't have happened if he would've just told me what was going on the first time Landon decided to fucking raise a gun at us. I feel disgusted just thinking about him. 

I hear the water shut and the bathroom door swing open. I feel like I'm about to puke, and not in a good way. I've never felt the need to prove something to someone in my life like this before and it's safe to say that I might be going insane. 

Ashton goes to the side of his drawer, rummaging through his clothing. He's now dressed in his sleep attire, his hair all over his forhead and his eyes tired and glossy. He turns around with a shirt in his hands, walking his way over to me. He raises his finger in demand for me to stand up and I do, not questioning his actions.

His eyes don't leave mine as he pulls on the waistband of my pants, unbuttoning it and swiping down the zipper before pulling my pants down to the middle of my legs. "Off." he demands. I quickly follow, letting my legs take my pants off, my shoes coming off with it as well. Before I could say anything, his hands move to the hem of my shirt, tugging it over my head with the help of my arms hanging upwards. He grabs the shirt and throws it to the sofa, grabbing ahold of the shirt he's holding and fitting it onto my head. I put my arms through the large shirt and let it swallow my figure, leaving me in nothing but my underwear and what I'm assuming is by the smell, his shirt. 

I gasp in surprise when his head comes closer to mine, bringing his lips to my forehead and placing a chaste and long kiss on the skin. I swallow deeply, questioning his actions. God, he's giving me so many mixed signals. "Good night." he whispers. Ashton walks to the side of his door, turning off the lights and making his way to bed. 

"Ashton, why won't you talk to me?" I break the tension filled silence with a question that's been running my mind. He doesn't have any right to just ignore me when just about an hour ago he had a gun pointed at his head.

He stops in his tracks, turning around to look at me. "I'm talking to you now, aren't I?" he forces a smile.

"You know what I mean. Why are you mad at me?" I bring my head down, feeling embarassed. I almost debate on not asking anything since he clearly doesn't want to talk to me, but I mean, fuck, if not now then when, am I right?