(37) Are you letting me touch you?

➵ t h i r t y  s e v e n

After questioning myself for a good ten minutes, I finally decided to put my shoes on and drive off to where Ashton wanted to meet up. I’m currently in my car, trying to ignore the goosebumps on my body from the lack of clothing I have on. I didn’t even bother getting dressed, I don’t want to give him the satisfaction. 

I must admit, I took a few wrong turns on the way because my memory absolutely sucks. The darkness of the sky and the silence of the road makes my brain explode in thoughts shooting from left and right, especially without anyone keeping me company. 

Despite the fact that tonight will probably be the most yelling-filled night I’ve ever had due to Ashton being an asshole, the only thing on my mind is the fact that I have a final exam in a few hours and I’m shitting myself. 

I finally start to see the old abandoned parking lot beside the theme park. I don’t remember the lights from the inside of the beat down building on the side, but I ignore it. I drive closer to see Ashton’s car parked in the middle of the driveway, facing the park. All I see of him is a desperately pacing posture. 

I turn my music volume down and park. a few spaces behind Ashton’s car. Anger starts filling my body, making me inhale and exhale strongly. I kill the engines of my car and tuck my phone into my back pocket, unlocking the door and sliding off the seat. 

Just as I shut the door, I see Ashton’s face light up, his hands running through his hair. I start to walk to him, seeing his fatigued body. His eyes seem to be puffy and red, his hair messier than usual, and his presence basically yelling out in exhaustion. His perfectly lined lips pout out, bringing my eyes to stare at them longer that I should. His black shorts and tank top hang off him, adding to his background. 

I walk until I’m inches far away from his body, staring up at his face. I feel like all the anger drained out of me. 

He doesn’t say a word, but his hands slide around my waist and his face sinks into my neck, lifting me up as he turns us around. His arms hold me stronger and I feel a breath of relief escape his lips. 

If I say anything, I might just confess how much I want to kiss his glossy pink lips, so I just won’t. I keep my hands wrapped around his neck, allowing his heated body to comfort mine. 

We stand in each other’s embrace for a few minutes before our arms untangle from each other’s bodies. I fold my arms and start to look around, avoiding his eye contact. I lean against the hood of his car for support, feeling my chest clog down at the realization of this moment. 

I feel Ashton’s stare on my head and I turn around to see a sad smile on his face, his eyes blinking with tiredness. His hands go through his hair as a laugh escapes his lips. “Shit,” he laughs again. 

It isn’t a funny laugh, nor a sarcastic laugh, it’s just a sad laugh, like the one you make when something tragic happens. It’s scaring me. 

“You see,” he smiles, shaking his head. “h-he fucking told me,” he stutters, another laugh escaping his mouth. 

“He told me not to fall in too deep with you yet look where the hell I am!” he paces shortly in front of me, turning around with every emphasis. “And fuck, I can’t even bring myself to regret it one bit.” he snickers. 

I maintain my silence, not knowing what to from as a response. What does he mean anyway? 

“I mean, it’s me!” he laughs louder, bringing both his hands to my side, leaning them against the hood. “And you’re still here?” he mutters sadly, his words speaking into my lips. I see his eyes move to stare into mine, defeatedly searching for an answer.