(59) Are you letting your heart confess?

➵ f i f t y  n i n e  

The chatter noises have drowned out when it passed about an hour of complaint filled conversation between Piper and I. We're sat at a diner on a Sunday night, completely drowning ourselves in maple syrup soaked pancakes and ranch fries. Weird mix, but it works.

"I'm starting to feel like your therapist, sweet cakes," Piper teases, shoving three pieces of fries into her mouth.

"God," I sigh, folding my arms on the outline of the blue coloured table. "I'm sorry, I just feel like shit right now. I miss him," I frown. 

"So you think drowning yourself in greasy food and shit talk about boys is gonna make you feel any better?" she quizzes. 

"Extremely."

I'm not going to deny the fact that I do satisfy my loneliness and shitty-ness feelings by eating excessive amounts of chicken nuggets, gummy bears and shit talk about every boy I've had the little most amount of contact with.

But in my defence, I deserve just that and a present of boxing equipment to knock Ashton's dick off and serve it to him for dinner. I shouldn't be feeling like this. I don't deserve feeling like this. 

"I don't even wanna know what you're fighting about, and knowing you two it's probably dumb as shit and you'll make up soon so don't stress about it," Piper ensures, shrugging her shoulders.

I couldn't have asked for any better pyjama wearing, movie motivated, tired dumb ass to join me in this shit-fest. I am truly grateful for Piper, and all the fries she has ordered tonight.

"No, I'm serious. We really fought this time. He basically kicked me out of his car after I poured my fucking heart out for him, that's not something I'll just get over."

It's not easy telling someone what you've been bottling up for so long, expecting comfort and an acceptable response only to have them ask you to leave. It sucks. And you know what sucks more? Missing him after all that shit. Damn, get it together Lizzie.

"Listen, I'm with you on Ashton being a complete dick but it just doesn't make sense. I know him too well, there must be a reason behind this," she shrugs, trying to fill encouragement into my senses.

Does she know Ashton beats up guys and shoves them into walls, threatening their lives? Does she know Ashton comes back with a new bruise or blood mark every time he leaves supposedly for a few days? If not, I guess she doesn't know him as well as she says she does. 

"I'm tired of arguing about the same thing over and over with him, Pipes," I groan, taking a sip off my milkshake.

"I know. But right now, you need to stuff your face with this Oreo milkshake and forget about it for tonight. You'll figure this out soon, he loves you," she speaks confidently. "And you know what they say, making up after a fight is always the best," she winks, clicking her tongue.

At this point, I can't seem to pinpoint if I want to kiss his face off or punch him in the throat.

"I can't forget about it. It's been two days, Piper. Two days and he still hasn't called me. Nothing. Not even a text by mistake! It's like he just took off to another planet while I'm here recking my head trying to stop thinking about it," I scold, slagging my shoulders.

Although I do miss him, I'm not willing to make him seem like the good guy in this and keep wondering about the truth for the rest of my life. It won't be good for either of us and I know it.

"Why don't you call him then? Someone's gotta make the first move," she shrugs carelessly, another bite entering her already stuffed mouth.

"If he isn't bothering with it, then why should I?" I jest, picking at the straw of my milkshake.