(46) Are you brave enough for a game of spotty?

f o u r t y  s i x

Out of the millions of things I've done stupidly and childishly wrong, abandoning my high school graduation and leaving my family waiting has got to be the stupidest.

I mean, I don't regret getting Ashton out of that awfully smelly place, but I do regret forgetting that my brother has taken a day excuse out of the hospital to see his only sister receive her diploma.

So that is exactly why, I've been roaming the entire morning for his favourite frosted cupcakes to surprise him with. It's nothing really, but at least the start of an apology.

I accomplish my goal, getting a dozen pack of chocolate frosted cupcakes with hot vanilla bits in the core, just how he loves it. I rest them on the passenger seat of my car and drive my way to the hospital.

Ashton had made a big deal out of me missing my own graduation for him, so he promised to make it up to me, although I don't really know how he will, unless he can rewind back time.

I've come to peace with myself, trying to focus on my present and future, knowing that dwelling on the past will never do me any good.

I trust Ashton and his word, so I think it's time for me to start showing it.

I kill the engines of my car as soon as my car settles along the parking lot. I take a deep breath before carrying the box of goods at my side as I swing my leg out of the car.

It doesn't take me long to reach the elevator and the floor Seth is assigned in. My parents have gone to work today, asking me to stay with Seth. I told them my reason for walking out, and they seem to be at reason with it, which I'm incredibly grateful for.

The doors of the elevator opens wide to the light and quietness of the blue and white painted hallway. I walk to the reception, smiling at the nurse I've come in communication with numerous times.

"Good morning," I smile, "is Seth awake?" I ask.

"Good morning ma'am," she lifts her head from her computer screen, folding her arms on the tall table setting, "I'm sorry, Mr. Lockwood requested no one to enter the room until his guest is out," she winces.

I look at her with confusion evident on my face. Who does he have to visit him at this time?

"Who's he with?" I inquire lightheartedly.

"I'm afraid it's not my place to say, but you're welcome to wait," she assures.

"Come on, I'm his sister, isn't family allowed at all times?" I whine, shrugging my shoulders and leaning against the barrier.

"They are, but he requested-"

"Please," I interrupt, "I don't think he'd mind if it were to be me, okay?" I give her a hopeful look, eager to see Seth.

She sighs out a long breath and turns around, shuffling with her papers. I look at her in confusion until she tilts her head towards me, "I can't see you, Liz," she mutters.

I give her a smile and a loud 'thank you' before I rush my way towards Seth's room, standing outside the white door when I hear a familiar voice converse with Seth.

The hallway is quiet, only soft mutters here and there of nurses and doctors, giving off a peaceful vibe.

I lean my back beside the open door, listening in. Oh god, why am I doing this? Since when do I eavesdrop?

I bite my lip into my teeth when I hear his voice loud and clear, "Yeah, I'll make sure of it man, don't worry," Ashton assures my brother.

Why's Ashton here? And more importantly, why doesn't Seth want anyone to know? Dammit, I told myself I don't wanna wreck my head about things like these anymore.