Chapter 28

"You were right, Clash of the Titans." I told Luisa. I had caught her at her locker just before second period, as she was lazily throwing her books onto the top shelf.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I'm saying you were right about me and Zac, I wanted something I didn't even realize I wanted, and I have you to thank for that." I replied.

"Well, I'm glad that you finally woke up and came to your senes, but why me?" she asked.

"If you hadn't tried to get me to wake up and smell the roses, I'd still probably be with Lucas right now." I replied. She smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Aw, the girl's growing up. Walk with me." she said. We started making our way down the hall towards our next class. "I'm just so happy to see that I was once again the successful matchmaker and gave my bestie a new chance at love. Don't doubt me next time."

"I'll remember that. Notice anything different about me?" I asked her. She stopped to look me over, then her eyes focused on my neck.

"Oh my God, where'd you get the angel charm? It's beautiful!" she said.

"It was a Christmas present from Zac. It goes nice with the cresent pendant, don't you think?" I asked her.

"It's adorable, I can't believe your parents approved of this." she replied. Oh...

"Yeah...about that..."

"You didn't tell your parents did you?" she asked me.

"No, I didn't." I replied.

"Why would you not tell them?" she asked. I gave her a look, waiting until she got the idea. "...Oh, now I get it."

"Ding ding ding! We have a winner folks!" I said.

"Dani, what're you going to do if they find out?" she asked.

"They aren't going to find out, we're just very discreet about it." I replied.

"Dani, your parents are lawyers, which means they're smart, which means that sooner or later, they're going to figure out something's up with their kids." she said.

"So now you disapprove of my decisions?" I asked her.

"No! Not at all, I want to scream 'Hallelujah!' to the high heavens. My only concern is for the relationship you have with your mother, and how this whole secret relationship could affect it." she replied.

"Oh! That reminds me, where can you buy bride's maid gowns in Manhattan?" I asked her.

"Um...Keinfeld is one of the biggest wedding gown franchises in America, they're bound to have something there." she replied.

"Great, because I need to find a short dress in a peach color." I said.

"Let me guess, you're the bridesmaid?" she asked.

"Close, I'm the maid of honor." I replied.

"Oh wow! Congradulations!" she said.

"Thank you, anyway, back to the dress."

"Kleinfeld will have that, but back to topic. Dani, I am happy for you, but I'm not going to be covering for you if your parents want you and your in the back of a car and making out with your boyfriend. I'm not a very good liar." she said.

"I will not put you under that pressure, I promise."

"You better not."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------