Chapter 30

You know that feeling you get? That feeling when your heart is catching in your throat because someone said something to you. Three simple little words that can change the way you think about...well...everything.

Love.

Six months ago, I thought love was a burden, and all it did was break your heart. I used to think it didn't exist, and for a while, I was played into it. I was only too stupid to believe that somebody actually wanted to show me love, that died a long time ago. But here I am, in my room, sitting on top of Zac while our lips connected in a passionate kiss.

I love you.

He muttered it between kisses, over and over again. The pain I had kept bottled up inside me, he was making it go away, and reminding me how wonderful it felt to love somebody.

Passion.

It was a strong, overbearing, uncontrollable feeling when it came to Zac. It was an odd sensation, just feeling his hands wander over my skin, leaving goosebumps over every crevise. His lips; soft and gentle against my own. It was a scary feeling, being so intimate with somebody I shouldn't even want, but here I am.

The lustful feeling that filled my heart was quickly disrupted as I suddenly pulled away. Panic and guilt then swept over me, all because Zac's fingers hooked into my bra strap. I felt al ittle silly; I was almost eighteen, and I'm still nervous about boys touching me. But that is okay...right?

"God, I'm sorry." I told him.

"Don't worry about it, that's enough horny teenage behaviour for one day." he replied as he sat up. I lifted myself up and sat cross-legged on the bed duvet.

"If our parents come in, we're going to need an excuse for you being here." I said.

"Easy, you were helping me with homework." he said.

"Oh yeah? Where're the books?" I asked with a smirk. Zac stopped a moment to think of a come-back, but came up dry.

"Alright, I know defeat when I see it." he said.

"Good." It was kind of fun one-upping Zac, it made me feel less and less stupid and than some others thought I was (*COUGH* Sandy *COUGH*).

"Did you tell anybody about us?" he asked.

"Only Luisa, she can keep secrets. What about you?" I said.

"Just Michael; he's trustworthy...as long as he's not drunk." he replied. That made me chuckle, thinking about Michael wobbling over and slurring his words. I don't usually find drunk people funny, but thinking of Michael drunk, it just seemed downright hilarious.

"It's nice to see you smile again, you have a really beautiful smile." he said.

"Well, I have something to smile about." I replied.

"Alright, let's talk about something else. What happened at school today?" he asked.

"The usual. Cheer practice is starting up again soon. You know, after the frost melts away and football seasons tarted back up." I replied.

"You look super hot in your uniform." he smirked. I was resisting the urge to slap his arm, so instead I scoffed. It was the best I could do to relieve the arrogance building in me.

"You're such a sleaze bag." I told him.

"Hey, I'm not corrupt. I'm just very good looking." he replied.

"Well, look who's feeling especially smug today." I chuckled.

"I had a very good sleep last night." he said.