Chapter 37

I got home hours later, finding Zac slumped on the couch...which was odd. Zac is usually very energetic, but this wasn't like him, he was just lying there, watching the TV. Now that was normal, except for the fact that the TV was off.

"Hey, TV broke or something?" I asked. He looked up at me and shrugged.

"No, I'm too depressed." he replied. I kicked off my shoes and took a seat next to him.

"Everything okay?" I asked, an uneasy feeling bubbling in my stomach.

"I got my SATs back today. I got a-I got a 428." he replied with a sniffle, he was crying.

"Zac, that's nothing to be ashamed of. Not everybody passes their SATs." I said.

"Right, not everybody passes them. You know who did pass them? Luisa, Sandy, Lucas, even Michael passed. I'm sure your scores are off the charts." he replied. I didn't want to say anything, but they were pretty high.

"That's okay though. I mean, you can re-take the test, and-and some colleges don't even require SATs. It's only March, it's not too late." I told him.

"Maybe not for you, but my dad's gonna bury me six feet under when he sees those marks." he replied.

"I failed some things too in my life. Like-like when I was in grade two, I was in my school's annual spelling bee, and I lost against Elsie Lolla because I couldn't spell belonephobia." I said, then realizing I didn't use a very good example.

"You were seven years old, I couldn't even tie my shoes at seven years old." he said. Yep, I used a terrible example.

"Zac, that's okay. There are re-takes at the end of the month." I replied.

"What am I gonna do? My dad is one of the most respected lawyers in the city. I mean, what's everybody gonna think when they take him and see he has a loser for a son?" he asked.

"You're not a loser. Your dad; he's a great guy but what I've realized is that...well, he expects a lot from you, but what he doesn't understand is that everybody goes at their own pace. Whether it's grades or-or sports, or hell even track. But the point is that...you are amazing to me, I don't care if you shot your damn SATs. I think you're great whether you get into Hudson or not." I replied. Zac looked up at me with a sad smile, then leaned foreward and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too, now let's do something fun. What is your favorite thing to do in New York?" I asked him.

"Well...you'd hate my favorite thing. How about the whackiest thing?" he suggested.

"Alright, dump it on me...that sounded wrong." I said.

"Yeah, kinda. Anyway, you like basketball?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What're we doing?" I whispered. Zac drove us downtown and parked in an alleyway, than he pulled me into the back of a building, pretty big in fact. There were so many twists and turns, and everything was pitch black. Zac seemed to know where he was going though.

"Just because it's dark doesn't mean you have to whisper." he replied, then a loud clap went off and the lights turned on. My jaw dropped when I saw where we were.

"Oh my God, are we where I think we are?" I asked as we went in.

"Yep, welcome to Madison Square Garden." he replied. This place was huge, bigger than it looked on TV or any concert I'd seen on YouTube.