Chapter 7

I was lieing on my mom's bed, while she was busy packing her suitcase.

"So there's lots of leftovers in the fridge. You and Zac can order pizza, the menu's in the drawer next to the sink. No parties or get-togethers, I mean it." she told me.

"Hey, don't worry about me. Talk to Zac, he wants to have a party." I replied.

"Well don't you let him. He makes any calls that include party, rip that phone out of his hands and hang up. Howard is talking to him I'm sure." she said.

"Mom, can we talk about something other than Howard?" I asked her.

"What do you mean sweetie?" she asked.

"Ever since we got here, all we've talked about is Howard, or all the advantages we have for moving to New York, or discussing my period calendar." I replied. Mom nodded and sat down on the bed.

"Alright sweetie, what do you want to talk about?" she asked.

"I got on the cheer squad. The uniforms are super cute. Blue, white, and yellow." I said.

"That's wonderful sweetie. How's your bruise?" she asked.

"Healing. I met a boy." I replied.

"Ooh, who is he?" she asked.

"His name is Lucas Vance, he's on the cheer squad too." I said.

"Oh...is he gay?" she asked.

"No, he's straight like a pencil." I replied.

"I see, well as long as he's good to you, follow through all the way." she said, standing up and getting back to her suitcase.

"When's the wedding date?" I asked.

"We're thinking April next year. What do think?" she asked.

"Sounds great. Any wedding plans?" I asked.

"None yet." after that, all that was followed was a silence. That was, until Howard came in, with a briefcase in hand.

"The car's here in ten minutes honey, you almost ready?" he asked her.

"Yes, just making sure our kids don't get into trouble over the weekend." she replied.

"I talked out everything with Zac, he knows not to pull any shinanigans while we're away. Dani, you're in charge." he told me.

"Hey!" Zac came running into the room, struggling to pull his shirt over his head. "I'm not four, I don't need someone to watch me!"

"The last time I left you alone, I had replace my couches and spend over five hundred dollars on varnishing for my floors from vodka." he said.

"Fine, Dani's in charge. See if I care." Zac said, turning on his heels and storming back to his room.

"Should-should I be worried about that?" I asked.

"He's like any other hormonal teenage boy. You two will be fine. Just no wild parties." he replied.

"No problem." I replied. All of the sudden, the loud buzzer sounded from the remote systen near the balcony. Howard turned it off.

"That's the car honey, let's go." he said to my mom. Mom zipped up her suitcase and picked it up, then following Howard to the elevator.

"Alright kids! Be good. We love you so, so much." mom said, giving me a hug and kissing my cheek.

"We will. Have fun you two." I said when she let me go.

"But not too much fun, if you get my drift." Zac smirked. I smacked his arm in return. Mom and Howard said their final goodbyes, then disappeared down the elevator.