Epilogue

Honolulu was the most incredible place on earth, besides Manhattan of course. But everything was perfect; beautiful hotel on the beach, sleeping in late, sun tanning, and of course, being with the ones you love. We were all together, two rooms in one of the most amazing hotels on the island. And lucky for Zac and I, the rooms were sound proof; because we knew full well our parents would be consumating their marriage for the entire two weeks. As for Zac and I, we took the opportunity to not only consumate a bit ourselves, but also do a little exploring of Honolulu.

There were so many locations where many amenities could be found. We went snorkelling, hiking; our favorite activity was walking up and down the beaches until the sun began to set. But today, I found myself on the beach, alternating between taking pictures, and texting Luisa.

"You should try the water, the temperature's perfect." I looked up, having to squint my eyes as the little sunlight that spilled over Zac's shoulders. Even in the bright light, I could tell he was drenched in sea water. His hair was completely wet, strands sticking to his forehead, and water droplets slid down the defined contour of his muscles.

"I'm sure I will." I said, trying to make like I didn't notice the fact that he was both wet and shirtless.

"Like what you see?" he sat down next to me, the amused look in his eyes indicated that he was definitely not talking about the ocean view.

"Why yes, the ocean is beuatiful." I said, refusing to take the bait. I set my camera on the rock behind me after adjusting the timer, hoping to catch a wave rolling in at the correct time.

"You know I'm not talking about the ocean, right?" Zac asked. He took advantage of our close proximity and started dotting kisses along my neck.

"Mmm, fishing for compliments, are we?" I asked, then squirming a little. "Kay, you have to stop now." I todl him.

"Why?" he asked, looking up with that same curious little boy face.

"In case you haven't noticed, there are other people, mainly children on this beach, and may be quite conservative towards this kind of stuff." I replied.

"It's a good thing nobody's looking then." he said, then he squeezed my waist.

"God Zac!" I yelped like a dog, while just started snickering at my reaction. It wasn't fair, he knew I was tickilish, and yet he was a thousand times stronger than I was. How come guys have to be stronger than girls. "You're like a little kid! Dumb but shifty!" I told him.

"Do you realize that your camera is taking photos of us doing this?" Zac lay back on the sand and put both hands behind his head. "I just heard the timer go off."

"Woah, what?" I reached behind me and grabbed the camera, turning beet red at the silhouette in the picture. "Yep, that's a pic my mother's not gonna see. De-lete." I said, pressing buttons until I came to the delete option.

"No, come on." Zac grabbed the camera, clicking the buttons until he came upon the horrid photo. "Hey, we look pretty good. I'm keeping this." he said.

"You wanna keep porn?" I asked him, snatching the camera back and keeping it out of reach.

"It's not porn, it's just us...looking like we're about to get down and dirty." he smirked. I looked at the small photo displayed on the screen. It had a young couple, tangled together on the sand, looking as though they were in the middle of something amusingly innocent, yet also something very provocative. While the photo didn't show our faces (thank the Lord and Hallelujiah), I knew very well who was in the photo, even if nobody else could.

"Wow, it does look like we're about to have sex." I agreed.

"Relax, nobody can tell it's us. Besides, we're not even going to anyway." Zac replied, a coy grin on his lips. "Unless..."

"Nope!" I stood up and pulled off my t-shirt and shorts, revealing my sky blue bikini underneath, "You got wet sand all over me, therefore I'm going swimming." I told him.

"Well than you better start running, because if I catch you, and you know I will..." I wasn't interested in hearing the rest as I darted down the beach, and Zac followed close behind. We dove into the water together, not caring who was staring, gawking, or even acknowledging that we were there.

The truth of the matter is, love the greatest power of all time. It tests us, pulls, twists, and wraps around our heads until it's caught us by the throat. It sees how far we're willing to go to reach satisfaction, and taunts us when we aren't able to reach that goal. I figured it out the hard way.

Throughout this story, I've told of the heartbreak I've faced, and the betrayal I've had to deal with. I once believed that falling in love wasn't worth anything, because all it does in the end is break your heart. But then again...maybe it didn't. Because throughout this story, I've been chasing a boy and I didn't even realize it until later. I wasted days crying over exes, and cursing at how boys were douchebags and full of crap. When the perfect guy for me lived only down the hall, and wanted to prove that he was different from everybody else. Now, I'm not going to lie: Zac is a dolt. He's snyde, inappropriate at times, not very bright, and a little childish, but he's all I'll ever need. He completes me. Zac and I are meant to be, and we don't care what anybody else does, says, or even thinks about it. At the end of the day, all that really matters is our everlasting happiness.

This was the story at how I tried, and failed, at Resisting Temptation...