Chapter 8

"No!" I told him, hands up defensively.

"Come on Dani, it's just water." Zac told me.

"I did not agree to go swimming! You told me you wanted go to central park, this is the pool in the apartment. You tricked me!" I said.

"Yeah, but swimming is more fun than going to a piece of park in the middle of a city." he replied.

"A piece of park which is across the street." I noted.

"Sure. Come on Dani, it'll be fun. Trust me." he said, then started pulling off his shirt.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to keep my eyes from looking at his body...again.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I don't usually swim in my clothes. Feel free to join me." he replied, then started pulling off his shoes.

"If you strip down full I'm leaving." I told him.

"No you won't." he said, "You won't be able to resist looking. Don't think I haven't noticed you catching quick glances here and there." he smirked.

"You know the other night when I said I was bumping you up from asshole to sweet? You've just been demoted back to asshole." I said.

"Thank you. Dani, please? No one's around. Just pull off your shirt, no one's gonna notice." he said before turning to the pool.

"I can't." I muttered.

"What do you mean you can't? It's easy: just grab your shirt and pull it over your head." he said.

"No stupid, I mean...I can't...shrrrhn."

"What?" he asked. Good Lord, help me.

"Swim! Okay? I can't swim." I said.

"You never learned?" he asked.

"No. My parents were always working and there were no beaches in Stratford." I replied.

"Oh...I'm sorry." he said.

"For what? Nobody died. I just never learned how to swim." I was trying to find a way to get out of the situation.

"Take off your shirt." he told me.

"What?" I asked.

"Take off your shirt, I told you. Come on." he replied.

"But I just told you-"

"You can't swim. So I'm going to teach you." he said.

"How're you going to-?"

"Just take off anything you don't want getting wet." Help me Lord, help me Lord.

"Fine." I pulled off my necklace and threw it to the side, crossing my arms.

"Really? Come on, I took off my shirt." he said.

"Yeah but me taking off my shirt means more to me than it does to you." I replied.

"Than take your time." he was leaning in so close that his breath fanned out across my face. His eyes were glued to mine, then his hand trailed down my arm, slipping off my bracelet. His hands played with the edge of my top, his eyes asking for permission.

I had the right of idea of what he was going to do, so I shoved him, and down he went, into the pool. I pulled off my shirt, sat on the edge of the pool. Zac emerged and shook his head free of water droplets, then he leaned against the pool edge, smirking.

I could tell he was checking me out.

"Blue lace? Unusual but...nice. Nice belly button ring." he said. I glanced down, feeling a bit insecure about showing my body like this. But yes, I did have a belly button piercing, I got it a year ago for my sixteenth birthday.