Chapter 12

We arrived at the party moments later, which was already bustling with people in some of the whackiest costumes I had ever seen. Michael's house was huge, it made sense since he attended Havenhurst, like every other rich person there.

I broke off from the two boys, they didn't even seem to notice. I guess I should take that as a good thing: I'm easy to forget...wait-that's a good thing? I'm even starting to confuse myself.

The room was decorated with pretty much every decoration you'd need for a Halloween party. There were ghosts hanging from the ceiling, skeletons sitting on the windows, cob webs from corner to corner, jackolanterns, bloody hand prints on the windows, and of course, the massive jackolantern poster at the front door. You could tell there was a Halloween party even just from looking outside.

Luisa was standing by the snack table, which was covered in creepy looking treats: such as brownies with marshmellow ghosts on them, Frankenstein rice-krispies, pumpkin patch oreo pops, and not to mention bowls of random candy.

"Hey." Luisa looked up at me and broke out into a massive grin, then threw her arms around me.

"Oh my God! Here you are! You look amazing!" she squealed. She was dressed as Marilyn Monroe, with the classic white halter dress and heels, and curled her hair to perfection. She looked just like Marilyn.

"Thank you, you look amazing too." I told her.

"Why thank you. Now remember, if you can't handle my worst, you ain't gettin' my best." she said. I think she was quoting Marilyn? Not really working for her, but that's okay.

"Right...anyway, I'll give you some props. This party is pretty cool." I said.

"Zac and Michael always throw the best parties, and that's only when they work together. They really went all out this year. Punch?" she asked, pointing to a bowl with purple liquid in it. And smack in the middle of the punch? A model of a brain.

"You know what? I'm just gonna stick with canned drinks." I replied. Luisa shrugged and poured herself a glass of what I assume was supposed to be brain juice.

"Oh my God, look who showed up." she said, looking past me. I turned around, then caught sight of Sandy. You'll never believe was she was wearing. She was a witch, she had the witch hat and the high heeled boots, but her dress screamed slut city! It was one sleeved, cut down and open the entire right side! The only thing not letting her show her entire body was the fact the the cut cloth was being held together by buckles. She looked like she worked in a strip club!

"Wow. My gut tells me she'll get raped tonight going home like that." I said.

"After tonight, with all the alcohol she's going to drink, she might not even be wearing that catastrophe." Luisa replied. Yikes, did Sandy have a drinking problem? Well, it wasn't my problem.

"Zac!" her shouted rattled the entire room.

"And there she goes for the kill. Right for the brother." I said to Luisa. We watched Sandy approach Zac, who pretended to be thrilled to see her. I can't believe she even thought this was my party! My idea of a party is just pizza and a movie marathon.

"He totally digs you." Luisa said.

"What?" I asked her.

"Zac! He totally thinks you hot. And let me put this down: he doesn't look at her the way he looks at you." she replied.

"Zac and I are going to be brother and sister soon, even if I wanted to, it's not going to work." I told her.

"How're you going to know unless you try?" she asked.

"Luisa..."

"Come on, tell me the truth. When Zac saw you in your costume, what did he say?" she asked.

"He-he stuttered and he told me I looked nice." I replied.

"Did he blush?" she asked.

"I don't know, what does that matter?" I said.

"If he blushed than he totally thought that you were hot! You should look into that!" she replied.

"He doesn't like me like a girlfriend, we're just friends." I told her.

"Wow Dani, you're lucky you're pretty, because you are definetely not bright with these kind of things." she said.

"Kay, I'm taking offence to that." I told her.

"I'm kidding. But seriously, you two need to hook up. Because until you do, I'm going to go loco." she replied before walking away. I kept my gaze fixed on Zac while he chatted with Sandy, frequently looking around to see if anybody would save him. Sandy was twirling a piece of hair in her fingers, her right foot popping while she leaned against the wall. She gazed up at him dreamily, letting her entire right side flash to the whole world. Who in their right mind would ever wear something like that? She looked like a Halloween Town Hooker.

I chuckled at the sight of her, then felt something tap my shoulder. I turned and came face-to-face with Han Solo. Just kidding, it was Lucas dressed as Han Solo. And boy, did he look good.

"Hey Dani, you look great. I like your whiskers." he told me. I felt myself blushing, he knew how to appreciate a girl, especially when she doesn't believe she's beautiful. See, this is my kind of dream guy: nice tan, great hair, perfect gentleman, and a sense of humor. He should also be cute, but he shouldn't think he's cute...which makes him even cuter!

"Thanks Lucas, you look great too. Very authentic." I said.

"Thanks. Do you want to dance?" he asked. My head turned to look at Zac, who was still pretending to listen to a chattering Sandy. I figured he'd make up some excuse like he had to go to the bathroom, so I agreed.

Lucas took my hand and led me to the middle of the room. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close, and we started swaying to the music.

"So, what made you pick Minnie Mouse for Halloween?" he asked.

"Well, Luisa dragged me to this place of Madison, and I saw the costume on the rack, and I liked it. Why'd you choose Han Solo?" I asked him.

"I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I don't totally geek out though, don't worry." he replied.

"Cool, I like Harry Potter." I said.

"Which house are you?" he asked.

"Gryffindor, totally. Down with Slytherin!" I joked. Lucas started laughing, no seriously, he was laughing at a joke I made.

"You're pretty funny. You must've made your ex laugh a lot." he said. How did he know I had an ex-boyfriend? For all he knows, I could've been single and alone all my life.

"Not really, he was more of a 'I'm a cool skater boy and girls can't make jokes as well as I can'." I replied.

"You deserved to be treated better than that. You deserve to be treated like a queen." he said, then one of the most absurd things happened...

He kissed me. Lucas Vance kissed me!