Chapter 22: Tumbling Down

Brown eyes open, to ceiling they do not know... Yet it kindled a warmth inside like it would a distance memory.

Why did they feel whole? Yet also, so empty...

Moving satin sheets off, Kaname looked around the western style room with bafflement. It felt so familiar yet was out of his grasp. Faded pixels in place of crystal clear memories.

The sound of someone breathing beside him, took his attention, but he was not surprised? No, it felt natural that the warmth of another, one scented of lavender should be laid by his bedside.

He looked down at the beautiful long silvery hair, down porcelain skin across a naked shoulder down to hips where sheets bundled and covered the rest.

(Love him) a voice inside of him begged. Pleaded. But he did not know this man... (don't hurt him.) It continued, but what was Kuran to do when he knew nothing of the stranger beside him?

Then he noticed something. This man. He looked, familiar? Older, more refined... He knew this man. But, why him?

"Kiryu..?" He questioned, watching the man stir at the sound.

Lavender eyes opened slowly, the man's mouth parted open as he took a waking breath. His eyes didn't directly meet Kaname as he sat up and stretched. Brown eyes following the fall of sheets to soft round hips and long legs.

When Zero was done, he chuckled softly, eyes turning to face him, half-closed with fading sleep. "Do you really have to stare every time I wake after you?" He joked, yawning a bit when he moved to start getting closer to Kaname when he stopped.

Amethyst eyes stared at brown, curious, then slowly... Terrified.

Zero was quick to jump out of the bed, sheet forgotten as he stared at the other. Hurt flashed, pain... Then nothing, and that bothered Kaname.

Zero, "you... You are not him." He whispered, eyes trying to harden, failing to do so as he somewhat started to melt. "You promised me..."

Kaname quickly jumped up, taking the wrist of the other to yank him back into the bed. The younger didn't allow it and slapped him off.

Zero, "don't!" He stumbled back. "You remember nothing... I can see it in your eyes. You are you again Kuran. And you feel nothing for me... Not like him."

Kaname just watched silently. He didn't know what to say or do...

(Don't hurt him)

That voice begged again and all Kaname could respond with was "too late." His face pinched as he cringed at his own words.

But he had to say something out loud to the other at least. "Kiryu..." The other flinched, eyes Turing far away from the other and to the door. "I- I'm afraid I'm at a loss here... Whatever had been going on is blank. But it might just be the aftershock of waking up so abruptly."

Lavender went back to him, the man's face somewhat hopeful.

Kaname, "I. Ki-Zero... I need to be filled in. This, this is not exactly the ideal situation for me? You understand what I mean right?"

The hunter seemed to think a minute, observing him with a very wary nature, more so then he did back when they were in that high school.

Eventually, Zero nodded his head. He looked to the door once more than at the dresser. "Let, get dressed and... I just need a minute. I don't know how to explain everything that's happened. But I'm sure you are going to need more then what happened between us. The world has changed. You are going to take your place back on your throne right?"