Slip of Lip

~Chapter 8~

Takuma sighed as he looked over the room, still standing under the entrance's arch. Zero gave him an understanding smile and looked towards his daughter Ren. "mind if we exit for a bit. I will let you play with my hair later.

Ichijo looked relieved and Ren caught on quickly and raised her hands with a similar smile on her face to her father. "That's ok, i will just play with Ai's" she said, tugging at her sister somewhat playfully as Ai instead climbs to start a small wrestling match.

Takuma leaned on the edge and whispered "thanks for your understanding lady Ren." before him and Zero left the room.

Just as they thought they were in the clear, Aidou shouted after them and ran close behind. "Don't leave me behind!" Zero groaned and glared at the blonde.

"No, stay back over there or leave for the day-"

"Not before we make a bet!" Aidou screamed, causing both to stop, the kids to poke their head around the hall corner and Kaname's gaze."

Zero scoffed and looked at the blonde with an annoyed scowl. "Is that what it will take for you to leave and mind your business on this issue?"

Takuma tensed, expression like a half frozen smile. "Zero... That is not necessary... His deals tend to be, a bit off handed."

Zero glanced at him, noticed the very present discomfort of the green eyed noble and gave a slight nod. "This issue is not what you're comfortable with and Aidou is a loud mouth so yes." he turned to Aidou. "What is the bet?"

Aidou's originally playful smile became more mischievous the minute he heard consent but before saying the "bet" he looked to Takuma, smile growing/ "You have to take part of the bet too."

Zero's expression became sour and Takuma grew pale. "Ah... Of course." He seemed to think it over a second when he sighed and his head hung low. "What's the bet?"

At this Aidou did a little spin dance before pointing his fingers at both individuals with a grand smile. "The upcoming banquet, I am sure you both forgot is happening this weekend?"

Both turned pale now as Zero cursed. "I didn't forget... I wasn't going to go." He mumbled and Takuma coughed.

"Zero... You have too, it's a hunter and vampire event. You need to be there. And Aidou, no I did not forget, I have already got fitted."

Aldous smile grew more. "Time.TO.get.refitted!"

Zero and Takuma looked at each other then back at Aidou with a curious gaze. "Why?" Takuma asked and zero followed with the same question, arms now crossed.

Aidou shrugged. "Well, unless you guys have a date or romantic partner you are to be penalized for this banquet. It was in the pamphlet I sent you both if you bothered to read it."

Zero felt his eye twitch. "A penalty?"

Takuma sighed. "I... Forgot about that part."

As Aidou seemed to get more excited, Zero seemed to come with a bright plan, took a step back and offered his hand to Takuma. "Hm, would you be my date?" Everyone choked, the kids falling over Aidou's face going bright red and the invited blonde just stood stunned.

Kaname started to laugh loudly as he got up from his seat to join the group, resting his arm on Aidou's shoulder. "As I recall, they said a romantic partner as your date. Are you both interested in each other romantically?"

Zero seemed to grow a snarker grin. "Might be, he looked at Takuma who flinched and crowded in on his space to whisper. "It'd be worth the lie to get out of Aidou's bet... But To be honest I think Senri would kill me."