Interest

~Chapter 2~

Brown eyes blankly gazed above. The ceiling was different- the scent off... Even the feeling of the bed beneath threw him completely. Confusion filled him at the moment... The different things greatly distorted his thought process, but all was not changed.

Sitting up the man pushed stray brown strands behind his ear, the other coming down to ruffle a young brunette girls' hair. His lips curved up at the sweet site, small laughter echoed some distance away.

Looking up Kuran met with bright Lilac. Silver hair was let loose swaying as the owner of those brilliant eyes leaned off to the side, his hip against the door frame. "I was wondering where She went... Should have just checked here first," Zero spoke, staring at the sleeping Ai lovingly. "Me and Ren went out for a while last night, Ai wanted to stay and watch you. Shes a cuddler so I guess with her sister out and about with me she decided cuddling with you was the next best thing." He added.

Kaname pushed off the mattress slowly and walked toward zero. " I see, Good morning, to you by the way... And if I may ask where is Ren now?"

Zero's eyes went wide a moment as he said a quick, "morning to you too, sorry... Ren is sleeping now. The both of them still follow the average vampiric sleep cycle. Awake at night and asleep during the day. I keep a mortal cycle since I still feel more connected as a mortal, then as a vampire still, even after all these years." Zero murmured.

Watching Ai, Kiryu allowed himself a moment of peace before re-meeting rich browns. "I am going to be out for a while, I still have unfinished business. Think you can manage to stay out of trouble?"

"pfft... We are not all kids Zero. We can handle more than that." Kaname chuckled to the other.

Sighing the younger-looking man crossed his arms, letting his full weight rest against the wall, his eyes closing.

Kaname mimicked the movement, his eyes trailing down to see a katana hung by his side. Investigating further he realized the overly pale skin and black bags. "You didn't sleep last night did you?"

Zero gave an airy laugh. "Sleep does not quite exist at the moment. Give it a few weeks. I'll get there.." The tone was very flat and sarcastic, the overall energy telling the other to stop while he was ahead... Something Kaname would not heed.

Kuran got closer letting his fingers rub beneath each eye. "You... Why do you do this? Your kids will worr-"

"Our kids. Don't discount yourself... It will also make them sad." Kiryu cut off before he weakly pushed the hand away, not seeming too bothered by the action.

Exhaling deeply Zero finally opened his eyes again, a softer gaze meeting concerned browns. "I'm meeting With Senri and Takuma... They are old friends of yours... Senri is more or less your cousin and Takuma a very close and loyal friend. I will reintroduce Takuma to you eventually."

Inclining in response, Kaname silently watched the amethyst-hued male, not knowing what to say. The man before Kuran was definitely tired, but considering they were never friends and that he had no clue what he was doing and how important it might be... He knew better than to stop him.

Zero had fully pressed off the wall, now ready to leave when the sudden idea to stall him appeared. Kaname gripped his wrist, turning the tired adult to himself. "Hey, just curious... But what do you need the katana for?"

Zero simply stared at him then down, lazily pulling from his grasp. "Well, I gave my gun to Ren... And When Cross died he wanted me to hold onto this as my weapon for defense. I also carry Toga's gun... They are for protection and when I have to resort to force to keep the peace. This job and life of mine is not easy in the least."