Family and promises

~Chapter 15~

Reaching the manner last known to belong to the Kurans, the earthen eyed pureblood traced the outer front door. Inside once held the pureblood Yuki and her unclaimed lover. Then it was the man alone... He could never bring himself to visit the ghost home after the first time he came during Yuki's absence... Kiryu had fallen so low, so harshly that it was hard to look at the once strong man. To see him so broken and alone in a house once full of the sound of screaming and fussing children... Is it wrong to only return after the man started to heal? Only after his kids returned? Lord Draco debated for several moments when a click suddenly echoed and he panicked.

The door swinging open, dim lavender meets his own, the color slightly tainted by his mother's brown but still so close to his father's.

Ren was looking straight into his Carmel like eyes, the boys face originally blank. Then booming with life. "You're right Ai! It is Grandfather Draco." The boy announced before casually hugging him and stepping back. The pitter-patter of excited feet was the old man's only warning before Ai launched out of the entrance and latched onto his shoulders as her light body swung, taking him in a half circle as she giggled.

"You lost your touch," she giggled as she never let go, her feet dangling off of the floor as she continued to hug the gentleman. "You would have caught me before I spun ya!"

Blinking in a multitude of two times per second, Draco was at a loss of how to respond. He felt multiple emotions swell inside before he could control it and pulled both kids in close, the hug tight and almost crushing. "Thanks for coming home," he rasped, his hold becoming more desperate. "thanks for coming back for him."

The two stood by silently, quietly moving to hug the elder back and curl towards him. Ai felt her own emotions overwhelm her as she thought more about the issues she tried her best to put behind her. "We would never abandon him... Dad."

Ren nodded his head, pulling from the hug and back to the door, his arms crossed in a timid response. "Yeah," he whispered before he walked inside and disappeared. Something that just reminded Draco too much of Zero during his younger days. When the boy was still just an emotional teen.

Gently patting the brunette girls head, Draco wondered something that became very obvious now that he thought about it. "Where is Kiryu now?"

Ai giggled. But the sound was a little... Odd? Looking down at the girls vibrant and rich brow, he opened his mouth to question it when he saw the sweet and innocent smile turn taunting.

Ai, "he had been. Exhausted. My other father has kept him busy. In a good sense." She joked. The issue had a lot more to be detailed on... But, Draco had no time to ask these questions as his whole body and mind were shaken.

Draco, "y-your father!?? Kaname Kuran, is alive?" He sputtered out, completely surprised.

The little girl, noticing his panicked behavior, smiled a little more sorrowfully. "Yeah, mommy gave her heart. It turned him human and took his memories. But he has been doing good and him and my other daddy have been getting along."

Finally absorbing the information. The elder slowly nodded. "Ok," moving to look at the doors he cringed. "I guess it's good he has no memory. If he did I'm sure the two would have tried to kill one another."

Ai made a sad whine, pulling the lords' shirt to make him stare at her. "No, they would be perfectly fine if he remembers. Or when he does. He will. And they will still be happy. He will accept father now."

Draco's brows furrowed, the man shaking his head in uncertainty. "Though I never saw how the two would respond to each other when Kuran was alive. I heard enough to know that the two loathed one another. Kaname used Zero and turned him into a weapon. That's why he no longer uses bloody rose. It's too dangerous and the power inside makes him overwhelmed... Kuran had done a lot to save this world, loved your mother. But when it comes to Kiryu..."

The man paused as he looked away, thinking about what Yuki had told him about the story between the two. She hated what Kaname did to Zero. But she also hated herself for never seeing Zero as enough. That was why she truly left. She couldn't keep seeing the pain she brought to Kiryu's eyes. Little did she know that that coward's move had hurt him far more than never being a equal to the man that used him.

Gazing back to Ai, Draco gave a false smile. "Enough sad talk. Let's see how you dads are doing, yes? I am curious about how Zero has been on these extended days off. I am happy he finally is not swamped with work for once. It was a sad and annoying sight."

Ai agreed, the brunette girl doing a small curtsy as she turned and took his hand, leading him inside.