Pieces

~Chapter 10~

Lilac eyes of a darker hue trail from one father figure to the next, A question stored within the keepers' mind.

From the knowledge she had grasped from her mother's point of view on Al's father, she would have presumed that the two would have been incapable of growing anything past a close co-parenting relationship style.

But that was so far from the truth they are seeing now. Love, and a beautiful pure kind was brightening both father's eyes. A love that Ren only saw in Zero's eyes towards her mother... And what was shown in her mother's eyes towards this mortal moments before she breathed life into him and ended hers.

These visions filled her head with confusion and a small amount of fear. What would happen when Kaname's memories returned? She kept thinking over and over again. It was a scary thought, of this told hatred coming back while her blood father was falling deeply in love. What would happen after... Could their family handle that kind of break?

Ren's attention was so drawn deep into her mind that she failed to realize her sister, the girl took her hand forcefully to intertwine them. "Little sister?" her frail voice questioned with concern.

The silver-headed girl smiled softly before pulling her sister into a hug to cuddle with her. A simple hum resonated from her throat and against the brunette's forehead which was locked beneath Ren's chin as she rested.

A reasonably loud creak was heard as someone else in the living room got up, Ren looked up and saw that it was Zero coming into her view, lilac mirroring her own, the only difference being a more narrow face from age and long silver locks: The colour more vibrant and pure compared to her own.

"You two can go to bed you know... It is the morning, and I will be staying home today too. Don't worry." Kiryu spoke, his face calm and joyful.

The other couch squeaked just after he said that and Zero looked over at Kaname with his gentle smile still on his face. "Yes?"

Edging closer, the brunet towered over the more lean male. His eyes squint into a smirk, his fingers coming down to ghost under the smaller male's pale jaw, a shudder visibly by any who were watching. "Yes you are off, but we still need to find out what to do about your date arrangement if there is any, and if not a fitted dress no?" He asked, laughing just a bit as his face grew closer to Zero's.

Zero, only a bit memorized by the smiling handsome male before him, happened to notice that not only one, but two pairs of eyes locked onto him, and one of those gazes left a hint of fear within them.

Embarrassment and worry prickled at him as he thought about the current position. He laughed a bit nervously to distract the two and pulled out of Kaname's hold. "Yes, well... That is not a primary focus yet. For now" He looked back at his daughters. "You both should go to rest. You seem tired Ren."

Ren seemed a bit uncomfortable with this idea, staying silent as she looked towards Zero every now and then glancing at Kaname.

The brunet seemed to pick up on the behaviour and said a quiet "no." Both Zero and Ren now focused their gaze wholly on Kuran. "I think it is time to have some quality time with each of our kids. Me with Al and you with Ren and we switch tomorrow, or in a few hours. Ok?"

Zero was stunned, watching as the brunet bowed to scoop Ai from Ren's hold and carry her like a princess, the young girl making a "whop!?" sound as she looked to her younger sister and dads.

Kaname- "Do you mind having some alone time with your dad and without your sister?" The soft question erupts from the older mortal, an understanding smile on his face.