Chapter 11: Alex Is Awake- Alex P.O.V./ Slash P.O.V.

My eyes were opening. Finally. I slowly turned my head and regretted it as a sharp pain shot down my neck causing me to wince. Slash was sleeping in the small chair to my right, slumped down with his hair over his eyes and legs sprawled out in front of him. His hair floating above his lips everytime he took a breath.

Looking to my left I saw another familiar face, Izzy. What he said about Slash, it made no sense. Yeah, me and Slash hadn't seen eachother in a few years but when we talked he was still the same Slash in my backyard. " Slash, " I said as I cracked a smile. He automatically shot up in his chair and yelled, " Alex! You're awake! Doc come in here, she is awake! Stradlin get the hell up!"

Slash was now crouched at my bed side holding my hand and Izzy was at my other side smiling down at me. " Alex I'm so sorry, I don't know how I could have let this happen, dammit Alex I thought I was gonna lose you again, " He opened his arms and was gently embracing me. It felt so right. I tried to lift my arms to hold him too but I only found that I had a cast on my left and an IV in the right. " Slash, it wasn't your fault, this had nothing to do with you, I was late and Vince obviously wasn't okay - ", Izzy cut me off, " Vince? Vince Neil? ", Izzy spat between his teeth.

Shit. "Hold the fuck up. Vince did this? I'm going to kill that prick," Slash was furious. I had never seen Slash or Izzy this pissed before, they were both just so laid back all the time. "Iz call the guys up here they need to hear this, I think there is a pay phone outside."
* 1 hour later *

" - and when I turned around it was Vince. " All the boys were surrounding my hospital bed. Axl had punched the wall at least 7 times just listening to my story. Slash was rubbing my arm the entire time I spoke. " We're going to end him Alex, " Duff spoke from behind the boys. There was a knock on the door and the doctor proceeded in, " Well there's good news and bad news .

The good news is that you can leave today and you should be completely back to normal in a week, most of your injuries had time to heal while you were out. The bad news is that you need to have some super vision on you for the remainder of the week in case you were to faint but it looks like you have plenty of friends, " all the boys smiled at me, "just make sure to come back in 2 weeks to get your cast removed."

Yes. I could finally go home. Slash lowered me into his car and after he got in we were on our way back to my apartment. I was scared honestly, even though I had the protection of 5 amazing guys, 12 locks on my door and a gun, I was still scared.

"Hey um Slash do you think we could stay at your place...I don't think I'm ready to go home yet ", I stammered. " Of course Alex ", he said as he slid his arm around me. Once I was safely on Slash's couch he offered me some coffee and walked to the kitchen " Me and the boys have a gig tonight but I'm gonna tell them to call in Gilby."

The boys were just starting to get some where, I couldn't let him stay here and be on ' Alex duty '. I mean I would be fine right? Hobble to he bathroom and back, make my self some instant noodles, easy right? " Slash I can't let you stay, I will be fine by myself, really. I feel safe here. Trust me. You need to be up there with your boys." Slash was hesitant to answer but eventually after asking if I was sure 200 times he agreed.

He kissed me on the head before he left " Bye Alex, I promise I'll be home by midnight, " it felt like the 'butterflies' in my stomach were breaking out in World War 3. I was such a giggly little school girl under his touch. I had to go to the bathroom almost as soon as he left and the only bathroom was in Slash's room all the way down the hall.

Ugh. I paused the Twilight Zone VHS I was watching and limped over to his room. When I stopped to take a breather I leaned my weight on to the little black night stand he had in his room and some papers slid off. Carefully I crouched down and picked them up and glanced at them. Song lyrics? I never knew he was a writer, he was always more of a artist.

When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain

But lovers always come and lovers always go
An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away

If we could take the time
to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine
So if you want to love me
then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain

Do you need some time...on your own
Do you need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time... on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone

I know it's hard to keep an open heart
When even friends seem out to harm you
But if you could heal a broken heart
Wouldn't time be out to charm you

Sometimes I need some time...on my own
Sometimes I need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time... on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone

And when your fears subside
And shadows still remain
I know that you can love me
When there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain

Don't ya think that you need somebody
Don't ya think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one

My heart was melting and I had tears in my eyes. It was beautiful. I loved him. I had always felt a connection but now I knew.

Slash P.O.V-

I never really looked up from my guitar at concerts, gigs, practice, or anytime I was playing really. Mainly because it was hard to see through my hair and because I was in it for the music, I wasn't looking for anyone, all my friends were on the stage with me and I already had my heart set on a girl.

Though tonight, something told me to look up and I did. Axl was finishing ' Mr.Brownstone ' and that's when I saw him. Vince. Vince was standing in the back of the venue with the rest of his buddies and something went off inside me. Without hesitation I slung off my guitar, sending it crashing into one of the amps, jumped off the stage and pushed through the crowd.

As soon as I could reach, my fist met his face, multiple times, and I didn't stop, I could feel his buddies trying to pull me off, I think they were even hitting me but I couldn't feel it. I heard the boys yelling behind me and Axl had now joined our little party.

AN: FML. 3RD TIME RE-UPLOADING THIS. SORRY GUYS.