Chapter 26: Wedding Bells- Alex P.O.V./ Slash P.O.V.

Alex P.O.V.-
Staring at the reflection in the mirror, I smiled. My long white, backless dress was fitted in all the right places and cascading around my legs.

After everything I'd been through in just the last few months, I looked down at the twinkling rock sitting on my finger. "We made it...", I spoke softly to myself, feeling the inevitable smile spread across my face.

I couldn't believe this was really happening. For once in my life, things were working out for me. For once...my life was just like the movies, fairytales and all. I was going to marry my best friend. I loved Slash when he was Saul and I loved him now that he would be my husband. We'd had our fair share of issues and bumps along the way but like they say "when you love eachother, you'll never be lost, for you'll always be found, and if you stray too far, you'll find your way back." Though this would all be set in stone in a few hours, it was still kind of hard to wrap my head around.

*flash back to 3 months earlier*
"Get ready baby girl, we are going out tonight," Slash called as he came through the front door of our home. He called out like this because he knew I'd hear from our room I hadn't left in days. I couldn't. He now stood at the entrance of our room, propped against the frame. "Come on. We're going out, there will be food and drinks and even those little colorful cookie things you like...you know you waaaaant tooooo," he said with the sweetest smile. Macaroons.

What Izzy had done made me question everything. The guy I thought would never hurt me did. What stopped anyone else? Everywhere I went I felt someone was out to get me, I questioned why people spoke to me, what they really wanted from me, jumping anytime my name was called, getting panic attacks in rooms without Slash. Extreme paranoia had kept me in this room for too long.

Tonight I would go out. Tonight I would be with the man who would protect me at all costs. Tonight I was going to stop resisting Slash's cute little grin and go out.

Looking over at him I managed a smille and agreed "Okay babe, I'll start getting ready." His entire face lit up when he knew he'd won. He was ecstatic. He walked towards the bed and held out his arms, opening them wide ,waiting for my embrace. I struggled to climb out of my burrito blanket I was wrapped in but I slipped into his arms like I'd done many times before. It felt good to be back.

Slash moved his hands down and around my legs, picking me up into him. I looked at his semi-covered face and pushed back the hair covering his eyes. Our eyes locked and I leaned in to kiss him. He held me there to him, his full lips on mine and I was reminded of how much I love this man.

.......

I'd found a long fitted black dress with an opening on the back and the sides. Before the tour, I'd bought piles of clothes but after what happened with Izzy, I stayed home while the boys toured and never got around to wearing them.

When I exited our room and met Slash downstairs he seemed to be at a loss for words. I saw his eyes gazing over my outfit and loving the bare pieces of skin that were exposed. I still stood on the last step when Slash walked towards me. We were now the same height. He placed each of his hands on my hips and pulled me to him so our bodies were now pressed together. "God damn. You look beautiful as ever. Fuck. How did I get so lucky Alex? Please tell me because I'd like to know." When I began to speak a car horn honked outside. I smiled in defeat. "Tell me later, right now we have to go," he said as he held out his arm like a personal chauffeur.

The restaurant might as well have been a sky scraper. It was the tallest building I'd ever seen. You could practically touch the stars at the top. Lights lit the entire way up the building. A man in a velvet suit escorted us from our car and directed us to the elevator surrounded by glass that would take us to the stars. I carefully stepped into the glass box with Slash following behind me.