Chapter 6.

I have never been to a college party. Sure, I've been to high school ones plenty of times but college... that was different. This was my freshman year in college and hopefully I can actually impress Tristan... But I can't. He has a girlfriend! I picked out a black and white zebra print one shoulder shirt and a denim skirt. I decided I didn't want to look like a slut so I played it in the middle.

"Woah... Kat you look hot! But we need some makeup for you," she said charging me with mascara. She was wearing a cute white skirt and a tanktop which made her look really pretty.

"No! I look fine!" I said trying to dodge her.

"But at least make an impression with your man!" She said winking as she tried applying mascara towards me.

"I don't have a man! He.. has someone. I am not going in between that," I said still sad about it.

"Kat, I don't know if there still together. There's a rumor going on that Ashley was cheating on him," he said.

"Ashley...?" I asked.

"His girlfriend," he said as he popped another Doritos chip in his mouth. He was already ready. He was wearing jeans and a button down shirt. The top buttons were undone so there was a glimpse of abs. He looked really good. I gave up and let Lily apply her makeup.

"Not too much," I mumbled. She rolled her eyes and started coloring my face with those makeup stuff. After 5 minutes, she stepped back and smiled. I walked to the mirror and looked at myself. I looked really good. And very confident.

"I look..." I started to say.

"hotTER!" Lily said. I checked my phone and saw it was 9:30.

"We're late. Let's go," I said grabbing my flats. I am not wearing heels. For one, I suck at walking in them, and two, flats have always been my favorite. Lily and Oz followed as well. We walked out and towards the Marshall Center. It was really far from the dorm room so we took Oscar's car. As he started driving, I looked out the window and saw that it was really dark outside and no one was outside. The car stopped and I noticed we were at the Marshall Center. I stepped out and was intimidated.

The music was blasting from the doors and I could hear laughter and screams. Some were making out outside the doors and some were in their cars. I probably shouldn't have come. I would probably stick out...

"Come on!" Lily grabbed my hand and started walking towards the entrance. There was a huge man blocking the way.

"ID," He said. I rummaged through my purse and showed him my ID. He nodded and we all walked in. High school parties were far from college parties. People were grinding or fist pumping on the dance floors, some were having dry sex on the walls, while others were just plain talking. Lily and Oscar ran towards the dance floor and started dancing. I decided to go get a drink so I didn't look like an idiot standing there. I walked to the counter and the bartender arched his eyebrows as if asking, yes?

"Uh.. coke," I said. He had a confused look but took a coke can from the fridge behind him and handed it to me. I don't drink, smoke, or any of that stuff. I think it's stupid and just makes you waste your time. I took a sip of it and walked out the balcony. I leaned against the rail sipping my coke looking at the people below me.

"Kat?" I heard someone call. I turned around and saw myself staring at Tristan. He walked closer and smiled.

"You came!" He said holding his cup.

"Yeah... my friend's went out to the dance floor, and I suck at dancing so I'm here," I said letting out a nervous laugh. He just chuckled and stood next to me leaning against the railing.