Chapter 2

Again, this is a sequel. If you have not read my first book, read "She's the Man."

***********

The birds were chirping, I could heard laughter out my door, and today was no classes. But I was still in a moody day.

"Kat, are you okay... Do you want to talk about it?" Lily looked at me with concern. I told her everything I saw yesterday and yet she wanted to talk about it.

"No." I said sternly. She nodded and walked over to me with a huge hug. I accepted the hug and wrapped my arms around her neck.

"Let's go out for ice cream!" Lily squealed pulling out of the hug. I winced a little 'cause she just yelled in my ear.

"'Kay!" I smiled grabbing a jacket from my closet and walking out with Lily towards Baskin Robins Ice Cream which was on the other side of the campus. The weather was finally turning into the 70s and that meant everyone from the cafe drinking hot cocoa will switch over to the ice cream store. We strolled along the sidewalk. Lily was talking about something and I just nodded pretending to listen but in reality I was thinking about last night. I was sad at first but then last night I stayed up all night thinking and I decided it's not his fault. If he's not.. well if he's not interested in our relationship why should I be mad and tell him that he's wrong? He's a guy, and guys get bored. I guess he got bored with me... but I never thought he would be that kind of guy. We opened the door to the Baskin Robins chiming the bell as we walked in.

"Sup, Kat!" Tyler, one of my teammates from behind the counter wearing the Baskin Robins uniform yelled out. I smiled at him nodding my head. It was our usual thing. I took a seat and looked out the window. Fall was arriving. The leaves were rainbows of only brown, red, and orange as well as the sky which was a perfectly blue shade.

"Kat?" Lily said shaking my arm. I looked at her snapping into reality.

"Yeah?" I said. I looked into her eyes which was clearly of concern. Tyler came to our table serving my favorite the usual, cookies and cream with a dash of oreo ice cream. I dug in eating. Man, I haven't eaten anything like this. College food sucks 'cause it consists of ramen noodles, frozen pizza, or subway sandwiches. Lily opened her mouth to talk but was cut off by the ringtone of her phone. She whipped her phone from her phone.

"Hello?" She said.

"Yeah we're at Baskins," she muttered.

"No! It's due today?! Are you sure!" she shrieked. Her eyes widened.

"Shit," she muttered. I choked on the chunks of ice cream in my mouth. She cursed. This had to mean something. Lily was in real trouble to make her curse like that! She hung up with a panicked face.

"Kat! You never told me Jenkin's paper is due today!" she shrieked.

"Yeah it was. That was what I was working on last night!" I said.

"Crap. I got to go!" She said grabbing her bag. I nodded to her and she quickly walked out towards our dorm building. I laughed. Lily is unbelievable. I heard a chime which meant someone just entered the shop. I ignored it and dug into my ice cream like a starving dog. I looked up and saw Tristan sitting before me with a frown.

"Hi," he muttered.

**************

Tristan's POV.

She has to be in Baskins. That's where everyone was going since fall was hitting. I walked towards Baskin and sure enough through the glass doors, I can see Kat laughing towards Lily as she rushed out the door not even realizing that I was the one she bumped into. Kat sat there eating ice cream like it was the end of the world.Last night... I don't know what happened. I walked towards the Marshall Field with the boys and they started dancing with everyone. I took a drink from the bar, of course Kat hated drinking so I settled on coke. The coke didn't taste like coke but I drank it. This redheaded girl came up to me and started to hit on me. I just smiled at her nicely and walked away but she followed me. The room started spinning and I kept on stumbling backwards and forwards. Next thing I know, I find myself shirtless with the redhead in front of me her arms around my neck swaying to the music. Before I can digest this fact, I heard my name being called. I looked to my left and saw a beautiful girl with a shocked expression and her eyes tearing up. My beautiful girl. I immediately let go of the redhead and walked after Kat but my head started thumping and I felt my body slamming to the floor. That night, I tried calling her but she never picked my calls up.

I walked in with a chime and walked towards Kat. She was so into her ice cream she didn't realize I was right in front of her.

"Hi," I said with much courage. She looked up with a shocked face.

"Hi," I whispered. I let out a huge sigh.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. I think I was.. I mean my drink.... something was in it... I promise it wasn't me. I don't know what happened. I. Am. So. Sorry. I-I'm sorry. I understand if you and me, if it doesn't..." I paused and choked out the rest of the words. "...work out," I mumbled. I avoided her eye contact because I was afraid. I was afraid to see her expression. Kat.. just say it. Just say it and get it over with... I chanted in my mind. I looked down at the table waiting for the words.

"It's okay," I heard a voice. Great, I lost the girl I truly love- Wait.. what? I looked up and saw her expression. She was still that amazing girl I fell for. Her eyes filled with warm understanding, but her smile was obviously a forced one.

"I..." I started to say.

"Look I said it's okay and I forgive you.. but I.. think we should go on a break," She said with an assuring smile. I looked at her with shock. A break?

"Kat... I- We can. I'm really sorry," I said sliding my hand across the table holding her hand.

"Tristan, I forgive you. Your fine. Your a guy. Guys get... bored. And I'm not blaming you. I just think we should have a break. See if maybe some other person is better? You might find another girl that is truly meant for you," she whispered avoiding eye contact.

"But I'm not bored! I never was! I'm sorry! I was stupid but I promise it won't happen again!" I said now more furious.

"I'm sorry but I mean, you can take this as an advantage and date other girls... I just focus on my career now," she whispered. I knew she was lying. She would never agree to this. I can't believe I did what I did last night causing me this. I am such an asshole. I wanted to kick myself in the guts for letting this happen.

"But-" I said but stopped.

"If it doesn't work out.. we'll see," she said with that smile. Why is she smiling?! Under that smile I could see that this was killing her. Why is she doing this?!

"I have to meet Oscar now. Bye," she said grabbing her bag and walking out the door. I lost the girl I fell in love for. I starred out the window wishing last night never happened.

***********

Kat's POV.

I know what I did was uncalled for but I felt like it was right. Tristan might have the opportunity to see someone else. I felt my body shake as I walked out the store my eyes blurring my vision as I made my way to girl's locker room for soccer practice. I blinked my eyes furiously not even letting a tear drop down my cheek. This was the last time I'm ever crying.

**********

Yeah I know it's intense, short, and boring. But hey it's part of the story! Anyways don't be sad. Every story must have a happy ending or the story isn't finished yet ;) . Vote and Comment! Also I decided I will write both stories, this story: "It's A Guy/Girl Thing" and "A Power of 3." Read both and comment.

-Shinethelight12

P.S. Have you ever had a bad breakup? Well if you have, don't be overwhelmed or sad cause there is one person that thinks about you at night. (This is statistically proven (: ]