Chapter 11

Tristan's POV.

I looked out the window and saw series of clouds blocking my view. I sighed and leaned back against my seat. I hated airplane food for sure. The couple next to me were probably in their mid 60's or early 70's and looked so much in love. Great.

"Dear, what is wrong?" The lady said. She was wearing a flowery blouse and a navy long skirt. Her smile was intriguing and her eyes filled with kindness. The man next to him was half bald and wearing glasses. He was wearing dark brown pants and a buttoned down shirt tucked in. They both were holding hands.

"Uh... I'm fine," I muttered attempting a smile. I slouched down avoiding the conversation but the one thought was killing my head and I just had to know.

"Uhm... I... How do you know if.. that person is for you? Like uh.. love..." I said avoiding eye contact. Great, I must sound like a pansy but I wanted to know. After all I'm in the middle of the sky on my way to meet her.

I heard the lady and man chuckle.

"Ah.. the young love. Son, love is something that just happens and you can't know. But there is one thing.... if she is all you ever think about, dream about, talk about.. she is the one. And if you are the happiest around her? Well... then darn right, she is the one," the man chuckled holding the lady's hand.

"Oh... well I meeting her..." I whispered. They nodded smiling.

I had to admit it they were both cute. What couple do you see that have been together this long? It's really hard to find those kind of people.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are you guys headed to?" I smiled.

"Ah well it's my daughter's wedding anniversary! We should get there in time for the surprise," the lady smiled.

********

TWO HOURS LATER

********

Kat's POV.

"Hello?" I heard a voice on the phone.

"Keith! It's me. Open up the dang door!" I hissed pounding on the door. I heard a click. I shoved the phone on my back pocket. The door creaked open and I saw a brunette boy peeking in.

"Come in fast, Mom and Dad are out!" He hissed. I rolled my suitcase in and shut the door behind me.

"What's the plan," I said as I plopped onto the living room sofa.

"Okay, Grandma and Grandpa should be arriving any minute. Aunt Jenny has gone to pick them up in the airport. Party starts in 2 hours. Get ready and help out the decorations out at the back with Uncle Sam and Uncle Jim. Everyone should be here by 6. Alright, break!" I pounded his fist and I ran upstairs.

Whenever Keith and I needed to finish something, we always acted like we were in a soccer field and yelled break! pounding fists. I threw my shirt across and jeans off and grabbed my yellow sundress from my suitcase. I threw it on and tied the two ends into a bow behind me. I walked into the bathroom washed my face and came out brushing my hair in front of the mirror. I applied a little makeup and wave of lipgloss and took a look at the mirror. I looked normal. I ran downstairs and out the back into the patio where I saw Uncle Sam, Jim, and family friends, Lia, Andy, and their son Kyle.

"Kat!" They yelled in joy coming in with a hug. I giggled. I loved family time.

"Kitty!" Kyle came running hugging me around my bare legs. I loved Kyle to death and I've known him since he was born.

"Alright, we have 2 hours!" I said and started blowing up balloons and started to stick them in the patio.

"Kat dear, start decorating in front of the door with streamers and balloons also," Lia said. I nodded my head and grabbed the box full of unblown balloons and streamers with Kyle following me. As I started wrapping the streamers around the stair rails in a particular way the door opened and I saw an old lady and old man holding hands while Aunt Jenny came in with their suitcases.

"Nana! Papa!" I smiled running towards them and throwing my arms around them.

"Kitty dear!" Nana laughed running her hand through my hair. I pulled away smiling. I haven't seen them forever! Nana was wearing a navy blue skirt and a flowery blouse. Papa was the usual. Brown pants and buttoned down pants.

"Well let's get started!" Aunt Jenny laughed giving me a quick hug and walking upstairs with the suitcase in her hand. Nana and Papa walked upstairs slowly holding hands.

I sighed. Old love is amazing.

*******

"Everyone! STAY QUIET! LIGHTS OFF!" I hissed.Our living room was filled with family members, friends, neighbors, and work friends. About 50 to 60 people were in the living room hiding. I felt a vibrate and looked at my phone.

One New Message.

View l Ignore

I clicked view.

Mom and Dad T minus 30 seconds.

From: K-Dog

I looked around and nodded my head. Everyone started to hide behind sofa, or by the sides or just plain standing there. I closed all the lights and it was pitch dark. I heard footsteps and clinging of keys. As the knob turned and my Mom and Dad stepped in talking, I flickered the lights on.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled. My mom and dad looked astonished and shocked. My mom smiled hard and spotted me.

"KAT!" My mom and dad shrieked throwing their arms around my neck. I embraced the hug.

"Happy Anniversary, mom..dad," I whispered.

"We missed you," My mom said. I could tell she was going to cry. I pulled away smiling. I spotted Keith behind mom.

"Happy Anniversary, guys!" he chuckled pulling my parents into a hug. I smiled standing there.

"Party time!" Keith howled.

******

The cake has been cut and now the music was blasting and my parents were slow dancing laughing. I smiled as I sipped the coke from my red plastic cup. I loved my parents and I knew from their eyes they were in love as well. I walked further into the patio where I saw Nana and Papa also dancing. I giggled. It was a love fest here. I frowned when I realized I was the only one without.. a special person. Even Kyle had a little girl to play with! I'm so lame...

I walked past Nana who was talking to some friend.

"...yes! And he was sitting right next to us in the plane. He seemed so lost. He was asking John about love.. he told us that he was meeting the girl he loves but he was nervous about it.... oh Linda, these kids these days..." Nana smiled.

Who am I kidding? Tristan would never do that...