Chapter 9

Early in the morning, everyone was still asleep as they waited for Jungkook to open up his eyes. Soon, he slowly opened his eyelids. "Mom..." Jungkook mumbled softly while he tugged his mom's shirt. Luckily, his mom was also awake.

His mom looked over to meet his eyes as he woke up. "Jungkook, my baby..." She mumbled, struggling to hold back her tears. "I thought I lost you." She goes to Jungkook and kisses his forehead gently.

Mrs. Jeon still couldn't believe what had happened. Jungkook suddenly spoke to her. "Mom, I have a wish..." Her son mutters softly. His mom is taken aback. "Tell me everything." Mrs. Jeon replies.

Then without hestiating, Jungkook told his wish to his mom. "I want to speak with Jimin." His mom got out her phone and searched for Mrs. Park's contact number before handing it to her son. "Here, take your time." His mom says as she leaves Jungkook to be alone.

After the phone stopped ringing, Jungkook kept silent for a moment before greeting Jimin. "Hello, Jimin hyung..." Jungkook whispers. He felt happy as Jimin replied. He never realized how much he missed the voice of his dear friend.

After they talked for a while, Jungkook asked to end the call since he didn't want Jimin to feel pressured to like he does. "Bye..." Says gently before hanging up. As soon as he does, tears begin to stream down his face.

Slowly, his mom was stepped into the room and walked to him. She tried to comfort him by hugging him, wiping his tears with her hand. "It's okay dear. You guys will meet soon." Mrs. Jeon whispered while patting her son's back.

Jungkook calmed, but he never stoped thinking about how Jimin could be doing. "What was happening with him? Is everything going well?" He wondered to himself as he started out the window.
"Mrs. Jeon, Jungkook will be
discharged today." A nurse who had just come in announces before leaving.

After Jungkook was discharged, he had to rest at home for a few days before coming back to school as usual. As he rested, he never stoped thinking about his love, Jimin. "Jimin... I want to see you soon.. I changed as you wanted..." Jungkook mumbled as he fixes his eyes on their photo frames along the wall.

***

Jungkook POV:

I really wanted to see him badly ever since
I had recovered from my fever. I don't know why, but that feeling kept haunting me. I felt so desperate to be near him again.

What was he doing without me by his side? Is he doing okay? Is he being friends with someone new? I wish that he
has a very good life.

I have to admit it, I couldn't life well
and happy again after he left. He was all I had.