Chapter 1

Jikook just 6 year when they first met

It was early morning, and most people still remained in their own individual dreamland. The low light of the morning barely began to peek through the consuming darkness of the night. While most were asleep, there was a kid that remained awake. He was stepping his tiny feet onto a balcony, using a chair near him to climb above the railing. He allowed his eyes to wander the scene of his quiet neighborhood from above. As he scans around, something catches his eye.

He can see a large moving truck parked in the driveway of the house next door. He watches as people unload boxes back and forth from the truck to the house. "Huh... new neighbors?" He mumbles to himself, his eyes finding a small boy sitting alone by the side of the house. He could see the boy's eyes wander the area, amazed by the new surroundings.

The boy looked to be around Jungkook's age, but was a little smaller than him. He had dark brown hair and a chubby, round face. He was wearing a baby blue sweater that was much too big for him. Jungkook could see the boy smile as he watched a butterfly pass nearby.

Jungkook waved from his point above, trying to catch attention of the new boy next door. Before he could catch his attention, a woman was walking towards the boy.

"Park Jimin, come over here and help us unpack our stuff." The woman, who Jungkook could only assume was Jimin's mother, called to the boy. He watched as Jimin immediately shot up to his feet at his mother's request, quickly running over to the truck.

Jungkook hears his mother's voice from behind him. "Jungkookie, why are you up?" She asked, joining him in looking off of the balcony.

"Eomma, look!" The little Kookie exclaimed, his small finger pointing to the scene on the driveway nextdoor. His mom moves to him and picks him up in her arms. "That's wonderful, my baby. I am glad you are excited too. I didn't know if you would be happy to make new friends." She says, smiling at her son. "Let's go and say hello later."

* * *

The Park family had just moved to a new town, and were unpacking the boxes in the house they recently bought. They were busy, working away at the boxes that needed to be unpacked. They were so distracted, that they all jumped in surprise when they heard the doorbell of their house ring through the halls.

Mrs. Park stepped around the many boxes and walked over to the door. She twisted the knob of the handle and pulled the door open, revealing a woman and a young boy.

"Hello!" The woman spoke. "We wanted to welcome you and your family to the neighborhood."

Mrs. Park smiles at the surprise greeting. "Thank you very much. It is wonderful to meet you!"

As the women continue to converse, Jungkook sees the boy peeking out the doorway from behind his mother. His tiny hands tug on the hem of his mother's shirt, gaining both women's attention. He points one of his small fingers in Jungkook's direction, causing Mrs. Park turns towards me with a smile. "Aww, and what's this little one's name?" Mrs. Park asks in a cheery tone.

Jungkook's mother smiled and started to introduce them. "We are the Jeon family. I am Mrs. Jeon, and my son's name is Jeon Jungkook. Our house is that one, next to yours." Mrs. Jeon told her happily while pointing her finger in the direction of her own house. Jungkook remained quiet beside her, his curious eyes searching Mrs. Park's house.

"Ah, that's wonderful!" Mrs. Park declares, before turning to her son beside her. She nudged him in front of her, right next to Jungkook."This is is my son, Park Jimin. He is about your son's age, so I'm sure they will become great friends!"

Jimin and Jungkook just stare at one another, before Jimin's face changes to one of panic. Jimin runs back behind Mrs. Park, burying his face in the back of her shirt. He softly mumbles some words that Jungkook and his mother can barely hear. "Eomma, his eyes are too big. He is scary."

After he says this, his mom looked over Jungkook, kneeling down and placing her palms on his chubby, fluffy baby cheeks. "Yes, you right. His eyes are so big, and his beautiful face is so tiny. It's so cute!"

Jungkook looks up to see his mother's happy face smiling at Mrs. Park's words. He looked back down to Jimin, who was hiding behind the doorway shyly, watching his mother's actions. Would they ever really become friends?